StueyS

Team CRP #1650 Hotshot front brace alternative

Hi everyone.  I now have a Boomerang and a Bigwig, and would like a brace similar to the Team CRP brace to strengthen and remove slop from the front upper suspension arms. As they are not likely to be easy to find,  is there an alternative or perhaps a 3d printed version available?  Thanks for reading :-)

Hi StueyS,

I know this thread is a bit old, but I have had the same problem you have trying to figure out a replacement for the impossible to find a-arm brace for the HotShot/Bigwig/Boomerang for quite a while. Finally I came up with the solution you can see in the attached picture which is simply 2 plastic washers and a rubber o-ring. Seems to work well and keep everything tight, while still having some give in case of crashes.

I hope this helps you or anyone else looking for a solution.

Boomerang A-arm Brace.jpg

• Thanks 1

There's one on thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3444934

Might work ok printed with high infill.

And this guy sells them on ebay. SLS nylon like you get from thingiverse. Only problem is he uses ebay global shipping so the postage is high, might be worth asking if he would do the shipping himself, it should be much lower.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-RC-Hotshot-Hop-UP-A-Arm-Stabilizer-CRP-1650-new-reproduction/153505903518?hash=item23bdaa339e:g:idcAAOSwX5tc7cdl

The guy has some really interesting stuff in his shop, lots of reproduction parts such as old gears etc.

Saying all that, the o ring mod looks simple and effective!

• Thanks 2

I ended up with an alloy brace from Full Option,  needs a bit of body trimming to fit a Bigwig but is nicely made. 

RC Channel, some of the parts are available at RC Mart too I think

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tbc68 said:

Where’d you get these 😍

Wishbones and front brace are RC Channel. I tried painting them black, but the paint didnt take.

Alloy uprights are generic Tamiya aftermarket jobs TT01 I think.

Front Anti Rill bar holder I hade from Stainless Steel to the pater of the original carbon/FRP ones as when the cr rolled, they were the contact point wh the car is upside down. Not good on tarmac!

I also made extended steering links to reduce bump steer, and fitted Schumacer Ball ends, and a steel battery tr

Hotshot (130).jpg

Hotshot (104).jpg

Hotshot (96).jpg

Hotshot (108).jpg

• Like 1