Mangepe

Tble02s break performance

Recently I bought a Neo Fighter kit for me and my pre school son. Build was simple and educational. I (and my son) noticed a lack of breaking power while my son was driving around with end points turned way down to limit speed. The manual indicates that there are two more settings related to breaking when the esc is in brushless mode. Do I understand it right that I can get more breaking power if I Install a brushless motor?

If so, what brushless motor would you recommend. I want something that is equal to the “torque tuned brushed 540” currently installed.

Hi

Cheaper transmitters adjust both end points at once so as you turn down the full power you also turn down the brakes.

Try it on full speed and see if that helps. 

• Like 1

Sounds to me like you need another car fitted with a 35t-55t motor for your boy to play with and he can eventually have races with Dad.

When he gets good just stick the Torque tuned in his car. Running a high turn motor with 100% end points will give the lower top speeds you desire and retain breaking effort. 

• Like 1

I'd slap a cheap 21.5 brushless in it.  Slow speed but you'll have huge torque on the brakes without needing it turned down, maybe at all.  Plus it will run forever and a day on a charge.  The brakes on the TBLE02S are actually very powerful in BL mode.

I turned the end point limiter off and you are right. There is now a decent amount of breaking power. Does anyone know of a 35-55t brushed or 21.5t brushless motor that has the right dimensions and axle dimensions?

7 hours ago, Mangepe said:

I turned the end point limiter off and you are right. There is now a decent amount of breaking power. Does anyone know of a 35-55t brushed or 21.5t brushless motor that has the right dimensions and axle dimensions?

Any 540 sized or 3650 with a 3.17mm shaft should fit.

If you're looking for brushless have a look at Speed Passion or Trackstar (from Hobbyking), both are great value for money for a basher.  RCMart sell the yeah racing crawler motors which are really cheap.

What pinions can you use on the Neo Fighter?  You may even find a 17.5T or even 13.5T is slow enough with a small pinion.  When I first put a 13.5T in my TT02B with the stock pinion the speed was very similar to the stock torque tuned and I was really disappointed.  The thing with brushless is you need to run much higher gears.  I think my 4wd race buggy runs an FDR of 5.5 with the 17.5T motor, compared to around 10 for a stock TT02B.  21.5T will need an even higher gear later on down the track when you want some decent speed.  If you watch some racing the 21.5T blinky touring cars aren't much slower than the 13.5T blinky cars , and its all because the 21.5T can push a bigger gear without losing acceleration.

I'm a fan of using EPA rather than slower motors.  I find that usually my friends come over with their kids and both want a turn.  EPA means you can adjust on the fly depending on who's driving (I turn some of them down for my friends, not just their kids).  I ended up getting a Futaba 3PV for my 5yo, while expensive its been well worth it.  You can adjust fwd and brake separately on it.  He has 3 cars on it now and being able to easily adjust it is priceless.  Its also small and light which is great for little hands.  Of course it costs about the same as an entry level kit so isn't for everyone!

• Like 1