nowinaminute

New red edition Lunchbox on the way 47402

I'm still waiting for them to make an original version with a yellow moulded shell so I can run the stock scheme without wincing when it turns over! I wonder if this one will have a red plastic shell? Hopefully they will go all out and use the red chassis too.

7 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I'm still waiting for them to make an original version with a yellow moulded shell so I can run the stock scheme without wincing when it turns over! I wonder if this one will have a red plastic shell? Hopefully they will go all out and use the red chassis too.

The yellow XB-version has the shell molded in yellow, and it's available as a spare part.

Link to XB body at Tamico.

In German, the description actually says that it's painted ("lackiert"), but it's molded in yellow, as you also can see through the windows.

Also, as the body of the blue version (kit and XB) is molded in blue, and the body of the black version (kit and XB) is molded in black, the body of the red version is most likely molded in red too.

• Like 1

Red sounds good .

There are yellow XB bodies for sale on ebay , but they're around £60 now . I bought one years ago from Jason Reid when he was selling them , around £34 pounds then.

Just took a peek over at TamiyaBlog at this red LB. Not sure what to think, I do have all the other colors, but not really liking this one. But then again chances are I will pick up one of these.

7 hours ago, Hobbimaster said:

Just took a peek over at TamiyaBlog at this red LB. Not sure what to think, I do have all the other colors, but not really liking this one. But then again chances are I will pick up one of these.

That's a manipulated photo of the yellow one, so we can safely assume that the actual colours will be quite different.

• Like 1

Good eye spotting that. That render is very too bright as is with the pink trim clashing something terrible.

Here's the link from tamiyablog for those that haven't seen it lunch-box

Again, as Mokei said above , a render.

2 hours ago, graemevw said:

Royal mail lunchbox?

Slow and useless?

Possibly have the red anodised look wheels (same colour as the WR02 versions) but I hope not.

Also hope it doesnt come with yellow wheels with the red body, otherwise there better be a big yellow M decal and a waving clown on the side 😂

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

In German, the description actually says that it's painted ("lackiert"), but it's molded in yellow

I know this is a very, very fine point to make, but for what it's worth: While "lackiert" literally means "painted", in this particular context ("fertig lackiert") the word implies "finished body (with all chrome parts, windows and decals in place)". As far as I know, it's actually a pretty common phrase in reference to (scale-)model bodies and in this case isn't meant to say it's not molded in yellow. 

1 hour ago, S-PCS said:

I know this is a very, very fine point to make, but for what it's worth: While "lackiert" literally means "painted", in this particular context ("fertig lackiert") the word implies "finished body (with all chrome parts, windows and decals in place)". As far as I know, it's actually a pretty common phrase in reference to (scale-)model bodies and in this case isn't meant to say it's not molded in yellow. 

Exactly! For decades, plastic model companies have used the phrase "painted" of models molded in colour(s), especially when molded in the colour(s) close to the boxart look. I think it's a bit imprecise, but I guess it's an attractive way of describing a model especially for newbies.

• Like 1

I agree, if it just had flat red wheels instead of metallic it would be an improvement imo but I was hoping for a red chassis too, especially considering they already made one.

I think its the decal colours too putting me off. White and blue? Just seems a bit boring. 

I want one with a clear gearbox and a metalflake body.

Id even buy a kumamon version.

Instead of over-milking the 80's van,

7zqFUgc.jpg

Tamiya should sell a driver figure, instead! 

Imagine millions of LB owners having to retrofit Vanessas! 

Seems like an easy marketing to me... Wouldn't you buy Vanessa?  I would. 

72RrNuV.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Seems like an easy marketing to me... Wouldn't you buy Vanessa?  I would. 

72RrNuV.jpg

If this is a scale realistic pic of Vanessa, then she'd be around 20 feet tall in reality. I think that's what's been keeping me away from LB for the past 30 years. 

• Haha 1

I want to see a Mad Maxx version w/bars over the side windows, dirty brown paint and a couple derelict characters with chains and pipes for weapons.

• Like 1

Personally, I think the red version is the least attractive of the different colour versions of the Lunchbox and a bit boring. Just stumbled over this video. This is something Tamiya should have done. Tamiya's response to the Kyosho Heavy Metal, so to speak. Like most amphibious RC-models, it's got problems beaching, which is a pity because it's such an important part of the playing with amphibious models, but it's still great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

... No, I am not still cut-up about the fact that Vanessa wasn't a brunette for this Lunchbox :(

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Personally, I think the red version is the least attractive of the different colour versions of the Lunchbox and a bit boring. Just stumbled over this video. This is something Tamiya should have done. Tamiya's response to the Kyosho Heavy Metal, so to speak. Like most amphibious RC-models, it's got problems beaching, which is a pity because it's such an important part of the playing with amphibious models, but it's still great!

i totally agree with you i don't like the colour on it it just don't suit it and them awful colours of the decals just completely kill the over all look.like it's already been said do a vanessa driver figure plus make some custom part's and more hop-up parts for it

i am a lover of the lunchbox and i think the only box art colour is the yellow. and if any other colour is to be applyed then take what it says on the box a "customised van" and go down that root witch i have made a start on another shell and is far from finished even thought its painted

• Like 2
  • Haha 1