nowinaminute

New red edition Lunchbox on the way 47402

8 hours ago, topforcein said:

The lunchbox and i think the only box art colour is the yellow. 

I fully agree, also for the reason that I understand that traditional Japanese lunch boxes (bento box) are yellow(ish).  In other words, the colour was originally very carefully chosen by Tamiya for a good reason.  Maybe common knowledge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I fully agree, also for the reason that I understand that traditional Japanese lunch boxes (bento box) are yellow(ish).  In other words, the colour was originally very carefully chosen by Tamiya for a good reason.  Maybe common knowledge?

huh... wow.  I did not connect yellow with an actual lunch box.  

SHtMmDj.jpg

I thought Vanessa was either delivering or selling lunch. 

VLq6xpe.jpg

(or ice cream) 

jTzlx3p.jpg

29 minutes ago, Juggular said:

huh... wow.  I did not connect yellow with an actual lunch box.  

I saved the photos below from this site many years ago, and I don't know who posted them or built this WR02-based model and can't find the entry again though I tried. So I unfortunately can't credit him/her, but I think it's absolutely fabulous!

51335011_10155736106337407_8314075718820 51068932_10155736106327407_6402796597582

50748157_10155736106322407_5828185103578

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Modelsport has the estimated arrival on May 14th. I'm wondering if Rcmart, or Stella models typically receive their allotment first? Looking to pre-order this kit

The more I look at it, the more I like it but I'd still prefer flat red wheels and despite being bright red, it just doesn't seem as stark as the yellow or black edition.

Perhaps if I didn't already own one though, I would be tempted because it's a bit different to the norm. 

I think I'd whip the front bumper off too, maybe because the colour scheme is a *little* more subtle and would suite a *slightly* more scale look.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:44 PM, KEV THE REV said:

Red sounds good .

There are yellow XB bodies for sale on ebay , but they're around £60 now . I bought one years ago from Jason Reid when he was selling them , around £34 pounds then.

That's the problem, the price! You can get 6 black edition shells for that!

Is the body the type of plastic that will take dye?

20 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

The more I look at it, the more I like it but I'd still prefer flat red wheels and despite being bright red, it just doesn't seem as stark as the yellow or black edition.

Perhaps if I didn't already own one though, I would be tempted because it's a bit different to the norm. 

I think I'd whip the front bumper off too, maybe because the colour scheme is a *little* more subtle and would quite a *slightly* more scale look.

I immediately ordered the red CW-01 chassis, and red D parts. I want this to be like the Blue edition that was out a few years ago. I wonder why Tamiya did not take that extra step like they did with the blue one? 

Along with the comical series of releases, these multi releases of different colors baffles me.  You want a red Lunchbox?  Paint it red.  Want red wheels, paint them red.  It just seems really redundant to me.

• Haha 1

SO far I have all of the LunchBox releases and actually did my own Red version and an all white version last year.  I'm looknig forward to this Red version and have ordered a bunch of white parts for the build to match the strips. 

49 minutes ago, racer1 said:

SO far I have all of the LunchBox releases and actually did my own Red version and an all white version last year.  I'm looknig forward to this Red version and have orders a bnch of white parts to go for the build to match the strips. 

Nice, never thought of an all white one, may have to build one of those too.