Scipunk

What other hobbies do you enjoy?

Thank you, it means a lot.   

Since drawing is a solitary thing, I never know if I'm doing it right or wrong.  To me, Mona Lisa looks like a lady without eyebrows who gives creepy smiles to neighborhood boys. I never thought Mona Lisa was even good looking.  What does that say about my sketches?  I may draw a face, but it might look like a koala to everybody else.  Which is why it's humbling to see encouragements. I appreciate it.  I think I'll pick it up again.   

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 8:07 PM, graemevw said:

I play with old motorbikes and build hifi. Tend to collect a fair bit of vinyl.

what sort of hi-fi are we talking about and vinyl

25 minutes ago, topforcein said:

what sort of hi-fi are we talking about and vinyl

I build turntables, tonearms, valve amps, speakers, whatever i want really. I currently have a lenco l70 with audio technica arm and rega apheta moving coil and a technics with a linear air bearing tonearm. I have a much modified el84 valve amp, a diy valve phono stage, diy stepped attenuator and a pair of tannoy dual concentrics in diy transmission line cabinets. I also play with electrostatics a bit.

As for vinyl, mostly rock/indie/alternative/electronic but some older stuff and a splattering of classical too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, graemevw said:

I build turntables, tonearms, valve amps, speakers, whatever i want really. I currently have a lenco l70 with audio technica arm and rega apheta moving coil and a technics with a linear air bearing tonearm. I have a much modified el84 valve amp, a diy valve phono stage, diy stepped attenuator and a pair of tannoy dual concentrics in diy transmission line cabinets. I also play with electrostatics a bit.

As for vinyl, mostly rock/indie/alternative/electronic but some older stuff and a splattering of classical too.

very nice i my self have just brought myself a vintage setup and managed to drop on a pair of jbl's with the foams gone and i replaced them myself i do have a more recent seperates set but i tend to use the vintage set more

• Like 1