Sign in to follow this  
dusterdude

58038 brat parts needed

lets start by saying what a great sit this is and i am hoping you can help me.i just started a restoration of a tamiya brat 58038.   i hit a major snag i am in the need of the servo saver c8 and c 5 in the manual.  i have searched high and low for this part i donot have tamiyas part number for this other than they are on the c parts tree 

picManual.asp.jpg

link.pdf

6 hours ago, dusterdude said:

Are these parts that hard to find

Yes, they are pretty hard to find. They were only used on the Subaru Brat and the Lancia 037 Rally, but were included with the C-parts in the Frog, Blackfoot and Monster Beetle too (not the Mud Blaster though). The re-release Brat, Frog, Blackfoot and Monster Beetle came without these parts on the C-sprue. So sourcing them now means that you either have to get an pre Mud Blaster production C-sprue, cannibalize a Lancia or original release Brat, or from left-over parts from an original release Frog, Blackfoot or Monster Beetle. As a left-over parts they were easy to get 30+ years ago, but the chance that someone with an original release Frog, Blackfoot or Monster Beetle have kept these left-over parts for so long, is not really big. There are some out there though, so with a little effort and patience, you will sooner or later find them.

If you don't necessarily want to keep the model 100% original, the good news is that you can use a direct mount servo saver as on the original release Frog and re-release Brat and Frog. These parts are easy to sort and a direct fit.

I *might* have those...  I'll have to do some digging...  I collected Brat steering parts a couple years ago...

Terry