Sign in to follow this  
Koren

Tyres / wheels

I dug my old super sabre quick drive out of the loft as I thought it'd be nice to get it running again. It really needs new tyres. The wheel diameter is 22mm, tyre diameter before spikes is about 62mm, tyre width is 32mm and it's a 5mm hex hub. Anyone know of any tyres (spiked, ideally) off anything else that'd fit? or failing that, similar sized wheels with a 5mm hex hub?

Isn't the Super Sabre on the Boomerang chassis?  If so, you should be able to use Boomerang/Hotshot wheels and tires (unless the mounts were changed).

Agreed. The original tyres are still available. Any of the hot shot series tyres will fit. If you want some more modern performance for astroturf or grass, Schumacher do 2" sized tyres in a fair range. Everything for  CAT full spikes (amazing on grass, rubbish on everything else) mini spikes (modern type for dry grass, astroturf etc) and CAT Blocks which are fairly good all rounders. You need medium foam inserts for them and if you want any grip get yellow compound. 

I think you have all missed the fact he said it was a Super Sabre QUICK DRIVE. These were ready-to-run 1:14 scale models and didn't use 2" tyres.

Yep.  Saw Super Saber only....

I'm not sure those wheel will match much if anything today.  Just looking at the pictures, it looks like tires that worked on the older Losi Mini-T (even though the model is smaller) would fit but those are hard to come by.  You might see if anything for the current Losi 1/14 scale cars could fit (or see if you could do a wheel conversion which would be better if possible).

Thanks for the replies guys. I did manage to find tyres that fit after a few more hours of googling! - Tamiya M Chassis Rally Blocks.