Sign in to follow this  
dave.723

Blazing Blazer prices ....

I always liked the look of the BB. And now there is a roller for sale close to my place. Seems to be complete with the body painted with fresh unapplied decal set. 

He is asking for 1800 Euro. To me it sounds like a lot. Is this the price? It seems to be for sale quite a long time. Seems not so easy to find someone pay that money .... :mellow:

What are your opinions?

Thanks Dave

for me its is far to much but its what they fetch as a built version i have seen them for sale for nearly twice that for nib.

i depends on how much you want one tbh 

for me i would sooner wait and hope that tamiya release it again and pay re re bruiser kind of money hopefully less 

There s one for sale in france at 900euros and its been for sale for about 2 years now. I personally think you have to be insane to put 900 euros in a tin and plastic simulacrum of a car but there we go. If you are interested I can send you the link to the add. 

Agree with @Grumpy pants 

For me, a box art, shelf queen restoration - with period gear - would be probably come in around €1100 atm. 

And a good runner with no gear / needing work maybe €700 or less. 

A 100% box build - including all legacy boxes, manuals, batteries, chargers, sprues etc - is likely going to sell for around €1500 and NIB c €2200.

Either way, €1800 sounds very high - and you’ll likely do much better hunting for a good quality runner to restore.

And before wise heads (rightly) object, yes - you may spend a little more in aggregate over time ... but you’ll have much fun finding and replacing bits along the way !

And you’ll get to build / rebuild an icon - which is surely why we all crave these older kits right ?

Which is probably a separate thread in itself 😬

I got a roller in mediocre condition for $85 US.  

Few extra parts cost $15 more.  TBG Blazing Star body for $35.  And MCI decals for $19.  Cheap wheels and tires for $12.  (BB wheels and tires are used in CC01 so, I could get them, but I chose cheap runner wheels) 

Total of $166.  

I'm not nostalgic about Blazing Blazer, I just wanted a DF01 basher.  But even for a shelf queen, 1800 seems too much.  

EDIT:  I got Blazing Blazer and Blazing Star mixed up. I used to mix up Sand Scorcher and Sand Rover too.  Terra Scorcher and Terra Crusher are confusing too...   

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

I got a roller in mediocre condition for $85 US.  

Few extra parts cost $15 more.  TBG Blazing Star body for $35.  And MCI decals for $19.  Cheap wheels and tires for $12.  (BB wheels and tires are used in CC01 so, I could get them, but I chose cheap runner wheels) 

Total of $166.  

I'm not nostalgic about Blazing Blazer, I just wanted a DF01 basher.  But even for a shelf queen, 1800 seems too much.  

Well, 1800$ for a blazing blazer or $166 for a blazing star, I don't know which is the better deal B)

• Haha 1

lol... didcos got me there.  There has to be pictures, to aid simpletons like me!  

My mind was in the wrong place. I hear Turkish coffee is real strong. I think I need that today.  

On 1/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, dave.723 said:

I always liked the look of the BB. And now there is a roller for sale close to my place. Seems to be complete with the body painted with fresh unapplied decal set. 

He is asking for 1800 Euro. To me it sounds like a lot. Is this the price? It seems to be for sale quite a long time. Seems not so easy to find someone pay that money .... :mellow:

What are your opinions?

Thanks Dave

Dave where are you based?

The reason for asking is that I have 1 BB left which is quite probably exactly what you are looking for. 

Simon 

1800, absolutely not!!!! Sorry no toy is worth that much. For FAR less you could build yourself one. Start with one of those Chinese Bruiser Clones for the basic foundation and buy parts as your budget slows. 

Im kind of rebuilding my childhood astute that way. Every paycheck I order something else, which alows me to wrench a little bit every week.

• Like 1