Sign in to follow this  
Collin

Sleeved damper discs

Hi Guys,
I will ned some damper disks for playing around with damper setup. Now I dont know which one will fit into the sleeved damper and I am a bit bored about striping my new filled ones.
So can you please tell me which one will fit, possibly a part number?

Cheers!

Hi Collin, can you tell us a little more about your dampers?  Which model is this?  Are these the kit-stock dampers that came with the model?

Dyna storm only car I’m aware of with the sleeved dampers stock. They where once available aftermarket. 

K parts 0115100

@Collin Do you have any calipers so you can measure the pistons and damper bores? If the bores are 10mm and the discs a little smaller then pre big bore TRF damper pistons will fit like 53976, 53977, 53978.

Shure I can take measures but I did not want to disassamble new filled and mounted dampers. So I hoped that someone out there have some in parts.

The point is, I got some sleeved damper bodies but no pistons, disc and springs.

3 hours ago, Collin said:

Shure I can take measures but I did not want to disassamble new filled and mounted dampers. So I hoped that someone out there have some in parts.

The point is, I got some sleeved damper bodies but no pistons, disc and springs.

Just measure the inside of the spare bodies. If they are 10mm the TRF pistons will fit. The pistons are bound to be 3mm, but I think it would be best to pull apart your complete dampers and measure all the parts. Then you can see which parts can be replaced with modern damper parts. 

• Thanks 1

Good Morning, with 99.9 percent certainty the pistons for the sleeve dampers are the same as the ones for the short Hicap Dampers.

The new damper bodies did not arrived yet, expecting them for the weekend.  I will have a look on this hicap discs. Should have some.

Sorry, my bad. 

Y parts 0225075

https://tamiyabase.com/parts/4628-10225075

doesnt appear to be shared with anything else Tamiya however measuring is probably the best bet. If I can find the time next few days I’ll see if I can get them out of my NIB kit and figure out what other Tamiya pistons I have that might work. 

Juls

• Thanks 1

Juls, that would be great! I dont have such a variety of parts at home, only the few models I have and they are more or less the same era.

Hi fellas. Got the damper bodies today. Sleeves have 10mm diameter, so TRF parts should fit, right?

Hi-Caps do have around 11mm as standard CVAs. But the pistons should fit.

Now I am searching for the outer sleeve, which is between damper body and spring.

If the damper is 10mm internal then any of the TRF small bore pistons mentioned will fit. Standard fit for the TRF201 was 53977 front, 53978 rear. However these are very very rare and hard to find now. 53976 are relatively easy to find and only a slightly smaller hole (1.2mm vs 1.3 and 1.4 for the others) so I would suggest getting 53976 and tuning with oil weight. 

Exactly. holes can be drilled or divverent viscosity. Important is the diameter. Unfortunitly I spottet some original Y-parts yesterday night, have to check how to get em. We´ll see...