ralphee

Dynastorm re'rebuild.

Oven cleaner. Finite timing too, just move the parts around till they all hit silver, then remove fast and rinse. Then just a case of a lot of polishing.

Only did this as they were a bit faded, no scratches so it made it easier, and since this is now in a 211x vain, thought it would look kinda bespoke.

Lee

• Like 1

Few silly bits to do, waiting on a couple more custom parts, but very happy so far.

Can't wait to run this one, it's been fun.

Lee

20190227_122916.jpg

20190227_123031.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, ralphee said:

Few silly bits to do, waiting on a couple more custom parts, but very happy so far.

Can't wait to run this one, it's been fun.

Lee

20190227_122916.jpg

20190227_123031.jpg

**** cool, like also the translucent rear wing! (besides all the other cool custom parts)...

Driveshaft option. Now I am using SA arms here, but the 70mm DF03 shafts, along with the two way hubs seems about fine. A bump stop is needed, but this would be negated if using actual Dynastorm arms.

20190303_125138.jpg

20190303_125124.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice! Are you going to run it with the lexan belly pan! That was one part I really regret I didn’t get from Nimrod while they weee around! 

Are the SA rear arms the same length as the DS ones, as they shorter?

No bud, I'll be running it with AE chassis vinyl, which is tough as nails, used it on many of my race cars.

The SA arms are shorter, very slightly, but you get the track width back with a wider 6mm hex hub.

The uprights give a nice 2 degree toe in too, or 0, depending how you orientate them.

Lee

On 3/5/2019 at 11:13 AM, ralphee said:

No bud, I'll be running it with AE chassis vinyl, which is tough as nails, used it on many of my race cars.

The SA arms are shorter, very slightly, but you get the track width back with a wider 6mm hex hub.

The uprights give a nice 2 degree toe in too, or 0, depending how you orientate them.

Lee

Do you have a link and information for the vinyl? I want a better way to protect the bottom of my Astute, Egress, and Top Force then blue painters tape under the belly pan that I currently use.

Just search for Team Associated, or even Jconcepts chassis protector. It's a clear sheet that is extremely hard wearing.

Bests....Lee

On 3/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, ralphee said:

20190306_173345.jpg

20190306_173321.jpg

Definitly one of the best looking buggies I have seen for a long while. Respect!

Btw. I am going to get some Kydex, you used 3mm for the kickup and 2mm for the motorguard, right?

Thanks Tom. Yes it's 3mm and 2mm. So easy to do mate, man of your skills will find it a breeze.

So this lovely jewel just landed. Now to get it fitted.

Lee

20190308_124123.jpg

• Like 1

Man, great you got that rare bulkhead! This part was the reason for my impulsiv Dyna Stom buy. Seems like your version is the one developed from a guy in the french RC forum. How did you get your hands on this one? Unbeliveable! :o

I just had a call to a guy running a knive manufacturing close to my place. He does have some 3mm Kydex in digital camuflage, lets see how things will go.

And that's the roller all finished. Just added the DSRCC arms.

Lee

20190309_162830.jpg

16 hours ago, ralphee said:

And that's the roller all finished. Just added the DSRCC arms.

Lee

20190309_162830.jpg

And again the question, where can I find this arms? Gorgeous!

DSRCC on Facebook buddy, fellow called Dennis. Lovely chap and remarkable craftsmanship. 

Lee

pure technoid, my heard is bumping...

I had my first times Dyna Storm bashing this and last weekend, it is incredible how good this car is handeling. Quick corners and handeling. Minde is stil original with brushed motor. Yours must be a cutting the corners like a razor.