Sign in to follow this  
Macin1818

Unable to configure transmission on MFC-03

Hi. I have the euro style mfc -03 installed in a scania r620. I have followed instructions up to configuring the transmission with out problems. How ever I try configuring transmission (Configuration C) and I never get the flashing hazard lights when I turn the mfc on (while holding right stick in top right corner). Any ideas? I’m a new comer to RC and this is my first build

Cheers

ben

Hi. Im using the Carson Reflex Stick 2 6ch radio and receiver. The servos are Carson Reflex CS-3

MFC cables are in these positions in the receiver - J4 - CH1, J5 - CH2, J6 - CH3, J7 - CH4

The other thing to note, not sure if its related or not, but I do have issues getting a proper drive in any of the 3 gears. It seems ok in the 2nd gear (with left stick on radio in the middle position) but after a few seconds of moving it will start to grind and the truck stalls. I've looked at the servo rod and measured it and al it appears to be in right position. Getting the 3rd / high gear doest wrk, the servo doesn't appear to push the rod all way to the right far enough to get that gear. Ive had the gear box apart, all looks fine. Ive tried tweaking the servo itself but still no luck.

What position are the trim tabs in when you're moving stick locations and switching on?  I can't remember if they need to be centralised or fully moved.  I'm always forgetting to move the trim tabs back to centre after inputting a function into the MFC.  Also make sure the reverse switches are in the correct position.

I use a Carson Reflex 2 on an MFC-01.  I've never tried it on my 03 but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I think once you can get into the MFC setup and program the transmission positions you should find the grinding problem goes away.  The MFC-03 has a clever method of remembering the exact servo positions for the gears when programmed (IIRC the MFC-01 doesn't have this and relies on the radio, servo and rods being set exactly right).  I had some trouble with jumping gears with an MFC-03 in stock form (with a full-option Tamiya/Futaba radio) but once I went into the MFC setup and set it properly it was fine.

Let us know if you still can't get into setup mode and I'll check my manuals tonight.

54 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

What position are the trim tabs in when you're moving stick locations and switching on?  I can't remember if they need to be centralised or fully moved.  I'm always forgetting to move the trim tabs back to centre after inputting a function into the MFC.  Also make sure the reverse switches are in the correct position.

I use a Carson Reflex 2 on an MFC-01.  I've never tried it on my 03 but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I think once you can get into the MFC setup and program the transmission positions you should find the grinding problem goes away.  The MFC-03 has a clever method of remembering the exact servo positions for the gears when programmed (IIRC the MFC-01 doesn't have this and relies on the radio, servo and rods being set exactly right).  I had some trouble with jumping gears with an MFC-03 in stock form (with a full-option Tamiya/Futaba radio) but once I went into the MFC setup and set it properly it was fine.

Let us know if you still can't get into setup mode and I'll check my manuals tonight.

Hi. I have the right hand trim tabs up and right and the right stick in up/right corner when I turn the MFC on, as per instructions. Thats when I don't get the amber flashing lights, just the engine sound starting.

4 hours ago, Macin1818 said:

Hi. I have the right hand trim tabs up and right and the right stick in up/right corner when I turn the MFC on, as per instructions. Thats when I don't get the amber flashing lights, just the engine sound starting.

Double check all of the light connectors are plugged into the correct sockets.

Hello,

Here are the instructions. Basically get it to teaching mode. Then progress through teaching each gear position and 'save' each position. Good luck.

Tamiya Transmission 1.jpg

Tamiya Transmission 2.jpg

Tamiya Transmission 3.jpg

• Like 1

Also check that all 4 transmitter channels are correctly connected to the input channels on the MFU.  Check again that the servo channels aren't reversed.

Do all the other functions work correctly?  Can you operate the headlights and hazard flashers with the right stick?  Does the steering servo operate correctly and the wheels turn in the right direction when you move the stick?  It sounds to me like something is backwards.