TWINSET

Volvo FH16 Timber Truck 56360

More details now showing on Tamiyablog

Looks good, I expect a tractor truck to follow...

1 hour ago, Leckster said:

Looks good, I expect a tractor truck to follow...

And a trailer?

50894967_2266862110234935_80720874731334

51079016_2380402485326552_84464142311248

• Like 1

Now thats what I'm talking about... 

About time Tamiya started to to B trains!

On the other hand... *shakes fist violently* just when I am trying to get out of the hobby dag nammit, Tamiya! :angry::angry::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also I feel sorry for Verkerk, who have spent a lot o time doing their beautiful FH16...

Nice to see the Volvo getting a proper 6x4 wheelbase, and that 8x4 is the mutts nuts. Correct me if I'm wrong but the previous Globetrotter offering was only a 4x2 wasn't it? They just look a lot tougher when they are 6x4 (or more :))

Maybe we will see a Volvo 750 tonne pull reenactment some time soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUz1zTZFfU

Edit- Just realised, now I'm going to need a 4 channel Transmitter !! :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadInventor said:

Beat em to it by 4 years :ph34r:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=132799&id=33435

Tamiya's looks better and is far better quality, but mines 6x6 with more suspension travel :)

I think your build thread is much better, too ;)

This is certainly an attractive release - I wonder how that scale timber will be finished.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grastens said:

I think your build thread is much better, too ;)

This is certainly an attractive release - I wonder how that scale timber will be finished.

I suspect you won't get timber with the kit, it will be up to you head round the garden and find something appropriate.

PS That's not timber on the back of that truck, that's lighting wood. This is timber: 

2-Counties.jpg

:D

• Haha 1

Great looking kit - definitely on my want list now, hope they do make a trailer.

8x4 version looks very interesting - plenty of custom build possibilities with that.

• Like 1

The 8x4 isn't a Tamiya model, it's just in the 'what about a trailer' pic

Maybe just me but it looks way too short without a trailer on the back.  I wonder if we'll see a trailer like that from Tamiya?

I have the Tamiya Pole Trailer kit and it does indeed come with some big grey poles.  I too was wondering if the kit would include some kind of scale log.

I tried to cut some branches off the fir tree in my front garden to go on the pole trailer for a recent Christmas lorry meet but they didn't really look scale.  The twigs went off in all the wrong directions.  I should had just cut the whole tree down and used that, the wife hates it anyway :D

she is a real beauty it really looks the part and it looks like tamiya have used willow sticks for the logs "i may be wrong"

• Like 1

Wow, you'd log a lot of hours building that one, but it would be fun to watch it lumbering around the yard. If I had the money, this might make me branch out into 1/14 scale trucks. I assume it still comes with leaf springs?

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2019 at 5:54 AM, TWINSET said:

The 8x4 isn't a Tamiya model, it's just in the 'what about a trailer' pic

You would hope there is going to be a trailer available, very rarely do loggers operate without one.

Bonus points if the trailer has a dolly and can be lifted onto the back tractor unit.

Can’t wait for this, anybody know the box art colour for this yet?       Also I’ve noticed if you are going to use the mfc the included led cables are too short so you have to buy the extra leds with longer cables or extend the wires yourself. This could end up as expensive as my Arocs tipper build 

9 hours ago, Britaff said:

Can’t wait for this, anybody know the box art colour for this yet?       Also I’ve noticed if you are going to use the mfc the included led cables are too short so you have to buy the extra leds with longer cables or extend the wires yourself. This could end up as expensive as my Arocs tipper build 

Going to hazard a guess that the boxart is the left centre pic in TWINSETS pic in the original post, which will also be the colour in the Nuremberg photo above. 

Surprised Tamiya hasnt offered extension cables, but then who wants to hide two of the little white plugs (per LED) in the chassis rails. Better just to lengthen them.

15 minutes ago, berman said:

Surprised Tamiya hasnt offered extension cables, but then who wants to hide two of the little white plugs (per LED) in the chassis rails. Better just to lengthen them.

They're doing this instead:

56549 MFC LED, 3mm/1100mm (2 Pcs., Red)
56550 MFC LED, 3mm/1100mm (2 Pcs., White)
56551 MFC LED, 3mm/1100mm (2 Pcs., Yellow)

10_56551.jpg

10_56549.jpg

• Like 1

The video above it looks like the included 'logs' might be the build-it-yourself papercraft variety.  But if you can afford to buy one of these rigs you can probably also afford to get some sticks from a timber yard or firewood supplier, if you don't have direct access to wood yourself.

I also like how they have demo'd the interior with the MFC mounted behind it.  That's how we've been dual-fitting MFCs and interiors for a while, nice for Tamiya to catch on ;)

Although this rig isn't for me, I'm sure I'll see loads on the RC layouts when they're available, and I seriously do hope they release a timber trailer on a dolly.

I noticed that an electronic version on the build manual is on  tamiyablog, the box art colour is ts40 metallic black 

On 1/28/2019 at 5:42 PM, TWINSET said:

And a trailer?

51079016_2380402485326552_84464142311248

This looks like a screen shot from Euro Truck Simulator 2. 

Yeah it will be.

If I was buying this truck, the trailer would have to be made available or it would be no deal for me. It does not make viable money making option in the 1:1 world to be driving a 6x4 rigid, especially that short, with such a short load on it.

Being an ex truck driver I know if any other trucker saw this 1:14 model the first question would be, "Where's the trailer?"

Not to mention if had a 4 or 5 axle trailer with the front two dollied or swiveled with a ringfed a frame it would make for a much more interesting (or frustrating) backing experience.

For those considering it, don't forget to factor in the cost of bearings and...

Quote From TamiyaUSA

LED cables in Multi-Function Control (MFC) units are not compatible with this model. You will need to purchase separately available longer-cabled LEDs (Items 56549-56551) if using MFCs

From UK suppliers, that's around £37 of LEDs :blink: