Leckster

Tamiya 58667 Audi Quattro Rally

Tamiyablog are reporting a Audi Quattro rally 58667 release at Nuremberg this week.

Sounds interesting... guessing a similar take to the Lancia 037 re re?

• Like 1

@Carrera124 Proper A2 spec with the slight flares. Even if it is a re-re of the Carson body, still nice! This will be a nice treat, I've owned two ur-quattros. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carrera124 said:

I really hope that the body will have regular sized wheel arches...

I really hope it doesn't! :D Let's see that bad boy on a stretched GF-01 or a jacked-up MF-01X!

... I am, uh, excited by this development.

No specs released yet, might be more tomorrow once the fair starts - TB mentioned 48 hours yesterday evening

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Will this have a 257mm wheelbase and fit on an xv-01?

I'm hoping for this too. My XV-01 needs this shell.

• Like 1

A good re-release for the shell. 

Probably in a TA02 chassis. 

Personally, I prefer that it comes with big wheels like the original.

Well this is a nice surprise!

I really hope it's the original body. I always loved that slightly cartoon, vaguely monster-truck look of the original car and I think it would be fun to try to re-create that.

And hopefully, where the Quattro leads, the Ascona will follow :) 

• Like 1

If this comes on an XV-01 I'm all over it! Been stalling over an Astute or Top Cat as I've a fair few buggies so a proper off road Audi Quattro would be awesome... Fingers crossed..

• Like 1

I saw this when I was tired and assumed it was a static model. Didn't realise it was going to be an RC car. Looks amazing! :D

When I was a teenager I always wanted a Audi Quattro rally car shell. At the time I never knew about the original Tamiya version or the Carson  1/10 body. 

My guess (and hope) is the original body on a "new WR-02R" chassis, with the re-re Honda City Turbo wheel/tire package. Wheelie cars, as has been pointed out, are huge in Japan...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

My guess (and hope) is the original body on a "new WR-02R" chassis, with the re-re Honda City Turbo wheel/tire package. Wheelie cars, as has been pointed out, are huge in Japan...

A fairly reliable source indicates it will be on the TT-02  chassis. So apparently 251 or 257mm wheelbase and a new body.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Carrera124 said:

Carisma also produced a 1/10 RC Quattro, and imho the shell looks better than the Carson body.

8DEBCA61-7C3B-4F6F-88D3-8B2B95B5A8EB.jpeg

Would love this one but finding just the shell in the US has been problematic :(

I am excited to see what the new one is, as i ordered a XV-01 direct from Tamiya 

@Carrera124  - Yup, I have the Carisma Audi urquattro A2 shell and sticker set.

By the looks of the new Tamiya body photo above, it shows the six front mounted rallye spec lights and older graphics, which is nice addition. 

Show photos will hopefully show us more.

3 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

A fairly reliable source indicates it will be on the TT-02  chassis. So apparently 251 or 257mm wheelbase and a new body.

... On the other hand, I can just cut out the arches larger myself :P

And having thought about it, an Audi Quattro on the XV-01 would be a phenomenal combination, even though it will likely end up on the TT-02. Perhaps another chassis release will come later, as was the case with the Lancia Delta.

• Like 2

I will buy one! So great news!

Best would be a re-release of the old Quattro from the 80s but propably will be a shell on a TT-01 or something like that.

Anyway, a must have for me.

ernieks

Does anyone know how long after the Nuremberg show the new releases get released for sale?

10 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Interesting. In that case it will be Lexan and not ABS. Should also fit the XV-01

I had guessed it would be ABS and on the TA02 S.

either way, nice addition. 

My wish would be for the Quattro Sport S1 .. always loved the shorter wheel base 

Would be cool if it was a new streched lexan body with the original styrol or abs panels back and front, like the original release but for a 257 or 251 wb.

• Like 2