Leckster

Tamiya 58667 Audi Quattro Rally

Awesome, thanks for the info. Can’t beat personal experience! Appreciate the heads up.

Regards

Kurt

I race VTA class and when HPI was acquired, the inventory of tyres dried up.. so PF stepped up and made a tyre... unfortunately the rubber is hard and requires voodoo to get it to work.. so the experience has been bitter sweet..

But now HPI is available again producing them

Cheers Raman36, good info. I very nearly purchased the Protoform ones and am glad I didn’t now. Especially when converted to NZ dollars and shipped all the way to NZ. Not a cheap excercise so good to know that the HPI ones are good quality and worth the money instead.  I’ll go in that direction once ive finished making some Fuchs wheels first! :D

Regards

Kurt

Yes! Ordered this kit from RCJaz website in Hong Kong today as I got an email saying it’s now available....now the wait begins.<_<;).........

I found the complete body set for these on Ebay earlier today and ordered one. I've been looking for these for so long and couldn't find anything. The Carisma bodies are out of stock everywhere, so I'm glad I found an actual Tamiya one.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well, I started on turning the rally legends wheels into Fuchs today. Have cut out some styrene parts and have mocked them up a small per the photo to see what they will look like before I glue it all together. I think they should pass pretty well for a set of Fuchs when painted....got to find something to use as faux wheel nuts next ..still more work to do......

hopefully I’ll finish them before someone 3D prints a set and make it look all too easy :lol:....

Catch ya, Beetleman.

7B582CAC-3ACD-467D-8429-4E20C1863C46.jpeg

CBC66A81-963C-47DA-8C73-40DB0ADF9C03.jpeg

Edited by Beetlemankurt
Spelling
  • Like 5