Mokei Kagaku

58669 M-08 Chassis Kit confirmed

still working on how to get the upcoming purchase of the M07R past the wife, the M06 (Alpine) has been on the wishlist for far too long so need to get that before they become unavailable, and of course with the M08 I'll need an M01 and M02 to complete the collection

so on the back of this announcement, rather than getting one more into the fold, I'm now looking at five!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Omg this makes changes to my whole year plan. So the quadcopter stay on top of priority as before, but the M06, M08 need to be bought. I will leave the M07 out for now as I have the M03 and M05 FF M chassis already.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I will leave the M07 out for now as I have the M03 and M05 FF M chassis already

c'mon fella, how can you ignore the M07R? - I have the M03 and M05 v2 R but that's for the 210mm wheelbase and mini bodies, I have no idea what 225mm body I'll put on the M07R but I've a HPI BMW 2002 which is still unwrapped and now destined for the M08 :)

• Like 1

Some purchases just aren't optional (and I haven't even finished building my M06 yet).

I'm assuming it'll be a chassis kit like the M07.  I'll be interested to see if they keep the rear motor layout or switch to mid-mounted in front of the rear axle.

7 minutes ago, colda said:

c'mon fella, how can you ignore the M07R? - I have the M03 and M05 v2 R but that's for the 210mm wheelbase and mini bodies, I have no idea what 225mm body I'll put on the M07R but I've a HPI BMW 2002 which is still unwrapped and now destined for the M08 :)

Hard to ignore, my M03 and M05 ver2 are 210mm, Colt Fabia WRC and Fiat 1000TCR. The M07 would be a Honda S-MX 225mm or Matda Demio 239mm. But the M08 pr 06 could be a Giulia or mx5. I really want RWD M-chassis, I hope the M07 will stay around for a longer time... dont you think? So I can buy it later like the M01/M02/M04

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colda said:

still working on how to get the upcoming purchase of the M07R past the wife, the M06 (Alpine) has been on the wishlist for far too long so need to get that before they become unavailable, and of course with the M08 I'll need an M01 and M02 to complete the collection

so on the back of this announcement, rather than getting one more into the fold, I'm now looking at five!

Just say, 'Darling,it's actually saving us money!'

• Haha 2

Apologies everyone. Im deleting the post.  That appears to be an M07 with front and rear swapped!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If it shows up at Nuremberg this week.. I would say April.. If the officially announce it in February.. I would say May. 

I actually wasn’t expecting a M08, they must race rear drives in Japan, pretty sure front drives still rule the mini class for most of the rest of the world. 

That being said, I will buy a M08... 

Front wheel drive is easier to set up and handle, but rear wheel drive is potentially faster if one has the skill to tame it. (I don't - yet.)

2 hours ago, Juls1 said:

I actually wasn’t expecting a M08, they must race rear drives in Japan, pretty sure front drives still rule the mini class for most of the rest of the world. 

That being said, I will buy a M08... 

On Asphalt majority run FWD because its easy and guarantees a win.  The brave will run RWD an if they have the nerves and can drive a clean lines in a race.. they will come out on top.  On Carpet.. RWD can kill the FWD, it accelerates faster, can take corners faster.  My first TCS race, I placed third with the M06 out of 20 drivers. I consider myself an intermediate driver.. however I know how to set up my M06 really well.  The top 2 (M05) were fare more experienced drivers than me and one of them went to the finals in Japan.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Raman36 said:

If it shows up at Nuremberg this week.. I would say April.. If the officially announce it in February.. I would say May. 

Saw the Video from Nuremberg on Tamiyablog. Couldn´t spot the M08. Guess it will show up later in the year, unfortunately. But a friend of mine is going to the show this weekend. I´ll teach him to search for it and get some pics, if it is there...

3 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

I have a feeling too that is not part of the show :(  

I think you´re right Raman,

Show started yesterday, and there are many models on Tamiyablog, just not the M08. We have to be patient…:wacko:

Our TCS regional race is late April. Appears M06 shall ride the high speed corners once again. I missed the race last year.. so will have to see how I fare against the M07

• Like 1

How does it work running the M01 - 6 against the newer 7? Over here the M07 isn't allowed to run M class and most run the M05 with a couple of M03s still around. I take it the M07 has restrictions on gearing to keep them the same speed? They are infinitely more adjustable though too right so would be almost impossible to beat with an M05?

Unless I was driving the M07 and anyone else was driving the M05, then the M05 would win

Our club is fine with them all running together. The lap record is held by a chap with an M-04. I am still faster with my M-05 than I am with my M-07.

• Like 2

We also run in our Mini class all versions. M07 is quite popular now, because it is good bang for the buck, if you start from new. Oil filled diff and oil dampers already in the kit, and adjustable rear toe and camber. And a very good kit setup. It is not totally over level of M05/06. On my well setup M05R Ver. 2 I could set a similar best laptime, but with my newer M07 I could reach the same time in a more "easy" way. It´s quite consistent to drive. On a bigger carpet track with black ETS carpet, I was quite successful with my M06, too. I could beat some M07´s and even pass a friend of me, who is a better driver. You just have to have all Minis, at least for me. I enjoy my RWD´s in the special conditions as well as my FWD´s. Mini´s are passion.:)  

And M06 is really a very special car in my collection to me, and as soon as there is the M08, I will grab one for sure…

We limited M07 to 20 tooth pinion, so it is the same as the other Minis (with exception of M04 which used 21 tooth max. pinion)

• Like 1

Update on M08.. good news we have all 3 wheelbases

Tamiya RC 58669 M08 Chassis kit
This TAMIYA high-performance rear-wheel drive R/C chassis assembly kit is constructed around a rigid monocoque with the main frame split into front and rear sections. It offers superior rear high traction drive characteristics and fuss-free maintenance of parts such as the easy-access differential. C.V.A. (Constant Volume Adjustable) oil shock-damped 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features dedicated long arms and steering linkage components for a range of setup options. A silky-smooth drivetrain utilizes full ball bearings, oil-filled gear differential unit and universal drive shafts. It can be assembled with a 210mm (S), 225mm (M) or 239mm (L) wheelbase, making it compatible with appropriately-sized existing Tamiya M-chassis body parts sets. 

• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
• The chassis is split into front (suspension and servo) and rear (motor and battery) sections. It can be assembled into three different wheelbases: S (210mm), M (225mm) or L (239mm).
• Rear-midship motor powers rear wheels via a differential in the Mid-Rear setup.
• Oil-filled differential gear used from the M-07.
• Features proven M-07 Concept designs: suspension arms, uprights, suspension mounts and aluminum parts.
• Includes CVA oil dampers, universal drive shafts, full ball bearings and hi-torque servo saver.
• Comes with new front suspension mounts (0 degrees) and hub carriers (2 degrees) for a total caster angle of 2 degrees.
• Compatible with M-06 Chassis bodies.
• Requires: 2-Channel Radio, servo, ESC, motor, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack & compatible charger, and body set.
• Compatible with M-07 Concept Hop-Up Option parts such as Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount (Skid Angle Adjustment) (54787), Aluminum Rear Uprights (54781) and Low-Friction King Pin Pipes (54813).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Also take note:

Rear-midship motor powers rear wheels via a differential in the Mid-Rear setup

Looks like we have an option for motor position 

10 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Also take note:

Hope you´re right Raman, actually cannot belive it with a 2 piece chassis design setup. We Need some leak drawings, sketches, photos!:lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Also take note:

That bit of info could be read in two ways. Either the motor position can be swapped between behind the axle and in front of the axle, or the motor position is mid-rear, as on the M-04.

Either way, with a description having been published, hopefully pictures won't be far behind. 

• Like 2