khyzersoze

Kyosho Turbo Optima Re-Release!

What an awesome looking release, not a massive fan of the tyres, but the package is very impressive

Awesome, 1st car I ever raced on track was a Turbo Optima mid Se, but close enough.  Gold shock availaiblity is awesome.  

40 minutes ago, smirk-racing said:

What is the difference between this and the Optima?

Seems the Optima, Javelin, Turbo Optima, and Optima Pro all used the same chassis. From the limited pics here, looks like sway bars, gold colored dampers, tire diameter, and of course the body are the only major differences.

15 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

Seems the Optima, Javelin, Turbo Optima, and Optima Pro all used the same chassis. From the limited pics here, looks like sway bars, gold colored dampers, tire diameter, and of course the body are the only major differences.

Also an under chassis guard was added to the turbo back in the day. The shock towers were slightly modified (also on the Javelin) for the gold shocks over the normal optima also

And there you have it.. Kyoshos new sugar daddy saw a value in the re-res

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raman36 said:

And there you have it.. Kyoshos new sugar daddy saw a value in the re-res

This one will need to sell well, and they will continue with their legendary series cars without doubt

• Like 2

Please tell me those Gold shocks are exact replicas of the originals... my all-time favorite RC car shocks.

They’re not. They’re threaded modern velvet shocks 

The 2019 re-release however might not please everybody as the buggy features updated gold shock absorbers with threaded big bore shock bodies, something the purist might not like as the original standard bore shocks were of a clamping design with plain bodies.

Awesome!  Surprised given the dire financial situation at Kyosho, but extremely pleased.   I really hope it sells well.  I'll be buying my usual two kits.

7 hours ago, Raman36 said:

They’re not. They’re threaded modern velvet shocks 

The 2019 re-release however might not please everybody as the buggy features updated gold shock absorbers with threaded big bore shock bodies, something the purist might not like as the original standard bore shocks were of a clamping design with plain bodies.

Which is a bit disappointing as there is really nothing wrong with the originals. In my experience they perform fantastically and are better than a lot of modern performance shocks.

I guess if the Mid does come back then it will have these new shocks too.

As has already been stated though, if the rumours are true, this kit really needs to sell well for there to be any chance of a Mid/Ultima re-release happening. Get your wallets out people..... :)

• Like 1

Wow, just realised they have fitted it with the Option House gold chassis parts too. This must surely mean that they will release gold nerf bars for the standard Optima too?

This is looking like another superb re-release from Kyosho. The gold chassis is a very clever tactic to ensure strong sales of this one. 

Did Kyosho ever release a gold plated version of the Turbo Optima wheels back in the day?

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

Wow, just realised they have fitted it with the Option House gold chassis parts too. This must surely mean that they will release gold nerf bars for the standard Optima too?

This is looking like another superb re-release from Kyosho. The gold chassis is a very clever tactic to ensure strong sales of this one. 

Did Kyosho ever release a gold plated version of the Turbo Optima wheels back in the day?

That gold chassis is just hypnotising me :wub:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

That gold chassis is just hypnotising me :wub:

So. How many are you going to Buy :lol: ....

4 minutes ago, Richardrpm said:

Looks like the article on dirt burners was thankfully wrong.

Not exactly the first time it turns out his "inside information" is pure guesswork. A person generally knowledgeable about Kyosho, but an extremely unreliable information source:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88736-no-more-kyosho/&tab=comments#comment-738213

Anyone know how the  gold under guard mounts to the rails? Id like to Get for protection but also dont want to have to completely strip down my optima to mount it

@Wandy, I absolutely agree with respect to the original gold shocks. I have a vintage Optima Mid with those gold shocks and they perform very well! Anyway, I was always impressed by Kyosho's high quality parts.

• Like 1

This I need this! I need something different and this might be it! In your opinions this or the Cat XLS? I wish Yokomo would release their old 4wd beast!

12 minutes ago, GTodd said:

This I need this! I need something different and this might be it! In your opinions this or the Cat XLS? I wish Yokomo would release their old 4wd beast!

Both.  That's what I did! :o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Anyone know how the  gold under guard mounts to the rails? Id like to Get for protection but also dont want to have to completely strip down my optima to mount it

this is my original Turbo Optima,
The underguard is bolted to the frame rails from below, screws from the side over the other chassis plates :

RIMG3161.JPG.a35d7e44f1cc1e286e8bd7109778d118.JPG

RIMG3160.JPG.327394510b42035aba960b6e8fb5199f.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a.w.k. said:

this is my original Turbo Optima,
The underguard is bolted to the frame rails from below, screws from the side over the other chassis plates :

RIMG3161.JPG.a35d7e44f1cc1e286e8bd7109778d118.JPG

RIMG3160.JPG.327394510b42035aba960b6e8fb5199f.JPG

Thanks, thats what i was hoping

The original kit was fitted with the OT-66 tyres, right?

The new gold plating does seem to be a different shade of gold to the original. It's early days of course with only a few photos of the new buggy....but based on the photos I prefer the original shade of gold to this new variant. Oh well, at least they made they effort.