khyzersoze

Kyosho Turbo Optima Re-Release!

3 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Probably made for the hideously gaudy 24k series. 

Yes it was, and I suppose those 24k gold Trinity motors would look real nice with the Turbo's gold chassis too....

Mine is on the way from Stella. Only $30.00 more than the standard Optima too so a reasonable price IMO.

• Like 2

I'm still toying with another avante or the turbo optima🙄 I already have had a standard optima but the turbo does look a very handsome buggy...........I just can't make my mind up.......and I can only justify one of them as funds are the dictator🤔

On 3/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, moffman said:

I'm still toying with another avante or the turbo optima🙄 I already have had a standard optima but the turbo does look a very handsome buggy...........I just can't make my mind up.......and I can only justify one of them as funds are the dictator🤔

Another Avante? Sounds like the Turbo might have a leg up on that decision. Not sure where your located, but if your in the U.S. and order from Tower Hobbies, the Turbo is only $309 after the discounts. I also have the Re Optima, but the Turbo has enough differences that make it an improved version, especially in the looks department.

• Like 1

Go for the Turbo Optima.  Kyosho needs us to show them that we want them to continue with the vintage re-releases.  (plus I want Kyosho to stay in business)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Champ85 said:

Go for the Turbo Optima.  Kyosho needs us to show them that we want them to continue with the vintage re-releases.  (plus I want Kyosho to stay in business)

Yep I think your right! looking at pictures and thinking about it it has to be the turbo optima🤔 I've pre-ordered it from my almost local rc hobby shop (use them or loose them) got it cheaper than the rrp and probably get it a lot cheaper and quicker online but need to support my local (well almost local) shops👍

• Like 4

Arrived. B)

And what a beauty it is too, another wonderful addition to the Legendary Series. I really hope this isn't the last Kyosho re-release as I dearly want to see the Ultima come back too.

Original box artwork and lovely blister packing of all that glittering gold.

Don't hesitate to buy this kit if your wanting a re-release of the Optima Mid or Ultima too. If the rumours are the true then the likelyhood of those two coming back depend on the success of this one.

9Rtfs4j.jpg

nPBVHp7.jpg

oPD42Yk.jpg

kSV9x1O.jpg

I'm running out of space to get them all in the photo shot now... :P

GUBgmVj.jpg
  • Like 12

Just a quick nod once more to StellaModels for their incredible packaging yet again. These guys have been doing this for years and it's great to see that their standards of care and attention have not slipped when sending stuff overseas. Buying from HK was good for my pocket too as the kit came in for a total price of £287.

yJ06kfC.jpg

sWwHlRR.jpg

MwISJpb.jpg

UU4tTXn.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Just a quick nod once more to StellaModels for their incredible packaging yet again. These guys have been doing this for years and it's great to see that their standards of care and attention have not slipped when sending stuff overseas. Buying from HK was good for my pocket too as the kit came in for a total price of £287.

yJ06kfC.jpg

sWwHlRR.jpg

MwISJpb.jpg

UU4tTXn.jpg

Cant wait for mine, that looks like a Stella Package

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

Arrived. B)

And what a beauty it is too, another wonderful addition to the Legendary Series. I really hope this isn't the last Kyosho re-release as I dearly want to see the Ultima come back too.

Original box artwork and lovely blister packing of all that glittering gold.

What a beauty!

You got to love kyosho for the presentation, almost a shame to bust it open and build it...almost 😏

Are the wheels the right size, or are they 2.2"? 

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Are the wheels the right size, or are they 2.2"? 

They are identical to the originals, therefore the vintage/repro OT-66 tyres can be fitted to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wandy said:

They are identical to the originals, therefore the vintage/repro OT-66 tyres can be fitted to them.

(Can't post gifs, so happy dance...😍)

🕺

• Haha 1

This is what I love about Kyosho and their fantastic re-releases...they always put the utmost care and attention into the design and build experience for us enthusiasts. This time they have included idiot-proof masking sections to complete the paint-job. They even tell you in which order to apply them.

1vRHT65.jpg

CcETw37.jpg

• Like 5

Wow very nice presentation. I didn’t know that Kyosho used blisters as well. The Turbo Optima  looks very nice, enjoy the builds. I’ll be waiting for the Optima Mid, as I’m about to spend too much money on a monster truck.

Scanning through evilbay last night, and spotted Kyosho America selling the TO direct. I can only assume it has arrived on U.S shores. I would have snatched one up, but pre-ordered with Tower, and the member discount is too good.

So I've mentioned in multiple different threads in the past that my LHS is excellent. Well, he went above and beyond on this one! I was going to pass on the Turbo Optima but he called me last week and said that he could get me a box autographed by the designer if I wanted one of the kits.  I bit and picked up the car today and sure enough it's autographed by Akira Kogawa!  The contact at Kyosho even put it in a plastic bag to preserve the autograph. I don't know that I'll ever build this but I will take great pride in owning it.

15548484250606061196413924954619.jpg

• Like 11

Wow, habing the autograph of the designer! That is amazing, it's like getting, Carol Shelby to sign the glove box door!! That is very cool.

That's definitely one to treasure👍 only problem is your going to have to get another one to build😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

That's definitely one to treasure👍 only problem is your going to have to get another one to build😉

Yes, that issue has crossed my mind multiple times!!  I have two rere Optimas and a Javelin so I may end up buying the gold parts kit and building one from one of those.

I see kyosho (or the UK distributors of kyosho) are doing the usual thing with the stock arrivals🙄! New date after new date they did it with the re-release standard optima and the beetle and tomahawk🤔 with the beetle I got bored with waiting and bought something else and with this one I haven't pre-ordered because I just knew the distributor would again get the dartboard out and randomly chose a date so I didn't order just incase something crops up (Porsche 959/Toyota celica😉). keep changing the stock arrivals must hurt kyosho's sales of the cars? The re-re Optima I pre-ordered I cancelled it because I needed the money for something else had it arrived when they said I would have already bought it!

Hi there,

I was wondering if the javelin roll cage will fit? It is listed in the options parts on the kyosho site ... 

Thanks

David