khyzersoze

Kyosho Turbo Optima Re-Release!

Wish someone would have the  re release gold shocks for sale. So far i have only seen the front cylinder available nothing else

On 5/7/2019 at 2:14 AM, dave.723 said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if the javelin roll cage will fit? It is listed in the options parts on the kyosho site ... 

Thanks

David

4 hours ago, dave.723 said:

Well, I ordered a turbo and a cage let's find out. 😁

See no reason why it won’t fit, you will also need the alloy roof hoop, and wing mounts if you want to run the rear wing

What's a Good motor for this right before melting point? in other words power without destroying internals.

On 5/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, Rb4276 said:

Wish someone would have the  re release gold shocks for sale. So far i have only seen the front cylinder available nothing else

I just purchased OTW128 & OTW129 from Banzai hobby, it looks like they are still in Stock, if not , they can order in for you.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, ACCEL said:

What's a Good motor for this right before melting point? in other words power without destroying internals.

I have ran a 13.5t brushless, and the Kyosho 20T black can 540 with good results, both were plenty fast for me.

• Thanks 1

Finished my Turbo Javelin. :D The Javelin cage is a direct fit with all screws included; the only thing you need additionally is the aluminum roll bar of the javelin. Cage is painted red cause the plastic color is kinda pinkish and I painted the raw aluminum parts of the cage white. I think it looks much better that way. And I have to say - I was so impressed how this kit went together. It was so much fun. Even the sound it makes when you snap out the plastic from the tree. Awesome. :wub: What a build !!

IMG_20190601_110854.thumb.jpg.373dd7f3cb67490720ac3e9e201133f1.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, dave.723 said:

Finished my Turbo Javelin. :D The Javelin cage is a direct fit with all screws included; the only thing you need additionally is the aluminum roll bar of the javelin. Cage is painted red cause the plastic color is kinda pinkish and I painted the raw aluminum parts of the cage white. I think it looks much better that way. And I have to say - I was so impressed how this kit went together. It was so much fun. Even the sound it makes when you snap out the plastic from the tree. Awesome. :wub: What a build !!

That looks sweet! I haven’t got one (yet?) but you’re making me want to take he rear wing off my Javelin. Nice work!

thanks. I've got my initial inspiration from here.

http://theoptimahouse.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-optima-house-factory-ix-gardy.html

and yeah I think it looks great without the wing. What I really want is this louver on the back. Did not find in the net - so I guess I will do one by myself (somewhen) ... hehe or maybe someone knows a source.

20 hours ago, dave.723 said:

Looks great, finally was able to order my gold front and rear shocks for my re re optima. I was so sick of 2 of my red ones leaking no matter what i did

3 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Looks great, finally was able to order my gold front and rear shocks for my re re optima. I was so sick of 2 of my red ones leaking no matter what i did

Is it enough to replace just the shock bodies, or do we need to replace the whole lot?

7 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Is it enough to replace just the shock bodies, or do we need to replace the whole lot?

The entire shock

On 5/21/2019 at 7:12 PM, madmickmalone said:

Just arrived from Japan 

3F939CCB-016A-45C9-8138-2899BF107C26.jpeg

Are these gold dampers any different from the kit ones? The kit dampers are already gold, right? Nice silver wheels, sure look better then the white ones. Btw, HK is making a lot of news lately. I'm sorry to hear what the CCP is turning it into.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, d4dawg said:

Are these gold dampers any different from the kit ones? The kit dampers are already gold, right? Nice silver wheels, sure look better then the white ones. Btw, HK is making a lot of news lately. I'm sorry to hear what the CCP is turning it into.

They are exactly the same as the kit, the kit dampers are already gold too. 

People power atm May have won for the moment.

Just ordered a Turbo Optima at my LHS and realized it was the last in stock. Happy to receive it this week. Looking at the Kyosho homepage, the Turbo Optima is out of stock and “undecided“? The same for the Optima...

I am currently assembling my Turbo Optima and am very happy that I bought it after all. Originally I had only bought body and wheels from the turbo for the optima. But with the golden chassis, the golden dampers and the stabilizers the Turbo Optima has more to offer. At the beginning I thought, optima and Turbo Optima are too similar to own both. But now I am very happy about both models! If you don't have one yet, I can only recommend to buy a turbo. It feels fantastic.

• Like 1

Im currently rebuilding my re re optima. The plastic cover for the belt had an opening in it and got a ton of sand and dirt in the gearboxes. I cleaned it all out with simple green and soaked the gears in wd40 . I literally picked out the leftover grime with toothpicks and qtips. This is where im at now. Fun but not fun

C3672D25-FEE3-442B-9E7F-499554546E01.jpeg

• Like 1

I just love it😍 its definitely giving my avante a run for its money in the quality department! it's been in the garden a few times but now winter is almost upon us its going on the shelf and I'll spend winter just looking at it👍 

20190713_203731.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/14/2019 at 11:01 PM, moffman said:

I just love it😍 its definitely giving my avante a run for its money in the quality department! it's been in the garden a few times but now winter is almost upon us its going on the shelf and I'll spend winter just looking at it👍

What colour is that painted??? It looks awesome

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, Superluminal said:

What colour is that painted??? It looks awesome

The red is tamiya translucent red backed with tamiya gun metal metallic and the white is (although you can't see it)  white backed with light silver metallic sparkles really good in the sun!

• Like 3

I have received mine + parts. I have decided to spend a fortune and buy the Kyosho brushless motor and ESC! I can’t imagine who would normally buy a kyosho ESC but this is one sexy model so I thought I’d go the whole hog. I have a lovely red alloy steering servo on the way too, so should look nice.

AEEE92DF-9773-422B-B423-0F272CEFBB37.jpeg

445540A0-E981-497F-A638-F5D78222FF29.jpeg

• Like 3