graemevw

Super astute rebuild

I will, not fitted the electronics or the hi caps yet. Then ill get the camber and tracking set properly. Will hopefully see some track action next month :)

edit... i also took the pink window tint off, thought it was overkill.

So, i never put the hicaps on this (they went on my vanquish) but it is finished and has seen some tentative track time. Im a bit scared of breaking it but im getting over the fear.

It drives really nice. Had to go up in gearing and tighten the slipper as it was slow, but now the acto pink pushes it along well. 

Only issue at the moment is it understeers a fair bit untill its lost some speed then the front comes round.

I figure the kit front tyres arent great for short pile astro.

Should i get some cut staggers for the front?

Any set up tips in general to help me get this good for a bumpy short pile astro track?

• Like 1

Thats great you ran it Graeme. Cut staggers for sure. They don't need foams and if you buy the regular cut stagger (not the low profile) they will look scale and according to the wensite they are slightly less aggressive turning in. Get the yellow compound. Will last ages on that car. 

10 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Thats great you ran it Graeme. Cut staggers for sure. They don't need foams and if you buy the regular cut stagger (not the low profile) they will look scale and according to the wensite they are slightly less aggressive turning in. Get the yellow compound. Will last ages on that car. 

Thanks. Glad you said, my gut feeling was to go for low profile and squash foams in them. Apart from the understeer it ran well right up untill the point i submerged it in a deep puddle 😂

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, graemevw said:

I will, not fitted the electronics or the hi caps yet. Then ill get the camber and tracking set properly. Will hopefully see some track action next month :)

edit... i also took the pink window tint off, thought it was overkill.

Oh no,

should have mentioned that I really liked the pink tinted windows!:lol: It was so 90´s cool Looking. Without the tint, you are now lacking a driver figure...

But it´s great, what you did on this. The pink wheels are just so great Fitting to the color scheme, although pink is not my favorite color in general. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Oh no,

should have mentioned that I really liked the pink tinted windows!:lol: It was so 90´s cool Looking. Without the tint, you are now lacking a driver figure...

But it´s great, what you did on this. The pink wheels are just so great Fitting to the color scheme, although pink is not my favorite color in general. 

Pink isnt a fave of mine either, but works on this.

I have a driver, just not fitted it yet. The window tint was a bit dark, if i can find a lighter one id do it again.

• Like 1