InsaneJim69

Toyota Yaris WRC Bodyset Project.

Having always wanted one since they were first released (even if the release doesn't look that great with the gravel wheels etc) I decided to buy a bodyset and turn it in to the tarmac version.

A second hand body popped up on ebay for cheap, it had been pre cut and a few wrong holes etc drilled, but no major issue as it will be a runner body anyway.

Painting the black parts ready for the white paint.

IMG-20190201-1655469.jpg

IMG-20190201-1655424.jpg

IMG-20190201-1656279.jpg

4 Coats of PS1 white later and we are ready for the 100+ decals !!!! :(

IMG-20190201-2034512.jpg

IMG-20190201-2035119.jpg

4 Hours later and some Michelin tyre decals added and it turned out not bad. I do intend on adding a cockpit set, lighting kit and full Monte style bonnet lamps too. :) But after the big downpour of snow over night maybe I should have done the Snow version ?

IMG-20190202-1015454.jpg

Planning on getting some pics of it outside in the snow late today as with the low light indoors its playing havoc with my phones camera.

Thanks,

James.

• Like 7

not a fan of this shell at all buttttttttt i must say it does look realllllllllllll nice the wheels do really suit it

• Like 1

I like this shell, I got to drive a 2017 Toyota Yaris from my frienda rent a car company, it is a 1.4 Petrol hybrid. Funny car and great fueal usage

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)

Sooo ..... I managed to rob the lighting kit off the Raybrig HSV basher shell I got in a deal last year. So a hot glue gun, soldering iron and 20 mins later ...... (excuse the rough decals and body holes, its gonna be a hard runner) ;):)

IMG-20190202-1513465.jpg

Getting there slowly. Def needs a cockpit set and then just thrashed about like a proper rally car !! :) 

Although I think this might be a bit OTT, as its mounted on my EJ4S with Vampire Racing SR1 ESC and Vampire Racing 5.5T AB+ Brushless Motor !!!

IMG-20190202-1518222.jpg

James.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and of course due to the weather we had to take a wee trip in the back garden ;) 

IMG-20190202-1554285.jpg

IMG-20190202-1554371.jpg

IMG-20190202-1554518.jpg

IMG-20190202-1555029.jpg

James

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

OMG that's a runner!? 

Looks brilliant Jim top job indeed!

Yup, interior cockpit next then thrash it to death. :)

James.

Small world! I sold you that one Jim.:)I had applied the masks. I sent it in the box with the lights and spoiler bits in a bag. It turned out nice! 

You hid my overzealous drilling well!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

But after the big downpour of snow over night maybe I should have done the Snow version?

Toyota used to enter the Corolla and Auris in the Trophee Andros ice races, but I couldn't find a Yaris racing there. Getting the four-wheel steering right would be tricky.

Awesome job on that shell. You've convinced me to get one & maybe run it at the iconic cup! 

How heavy is the rear wing? 

2 hours ago, Ichibangtr said:

Awesome job on that shell. You've convinced me to get one & maybe run it at the iconic cup! 

How heavy is the rear wing? 

It's actually not too bad. Certainly nowhere near as heavy as some of Tamiyas older moulded wings. 

James.