Phil_H

Brushless Dynahead with proper wheels and body!

I've not been here for a while, but you'll be pleased to know I have finally got my hands on another New (Tamiya) Build! 

I really liked the idea of Portals on the G6-01, but I think Tamiya didn't do it justice!

So here's my take on it! (Not 100% Finished yet)

Spec:

G6-01TR New Build

3900Kv Brushless/60a ESC (stock pinion, 17t??)

6 x AUSTAR Wheels/tyres (-2mm over stock hex adaptors to reduce track)

1/16 (ish) Ural Hardbody (This is off a budget Chinese truck I reviewed a while back)

Dual Waterproof Servos (Rear link adjusted for more steering angle)

6 Channel Tx/Rx with Crawler option for 4 modes of 4WS

Custom rear frame work using some multilink suspension parts. 

A few 1/10 Accessories 

Here's some pictures, and a Youtube Video to follow.

39992593933_41e403f1ec_b.jpgdyna 11 by Phil Harrison

39992593653_9b7061e8fe_b.jpgdyna 33 by Phil Harrison

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, Bromley said:

Are those wheels 1.9"?

Yes, I put a link to them in my Video description 

12 minutes ago, Phil_H said:

Yes, I put a link to them in my Video description 

What were Tamiya thinking.  If 1.9" wheels fit, what was with the silly truggy wheels and tyres???

Great video and rig review.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bromley said:

What were Tamiya thinking.  If 1.9" wheels fit, what was with the silly truggy wheels and tyres???

Great video and rig review.

Thank you.

I actually reduced the track as well, so not only do they fit...they are able to go over the Portals (although not all the ones I tried would fit) 

Phil, what a stunning build. You nailed this.  Taking what is such a terrible initial  creation from Tamiya that  I literally wouldn’t  consider for more than 2 seconds, and turning it into a scale looking, credible  all terrain / trail vehicle, is a great job.  Great vision, concept, and execution.... love it. 

(Great camera work also by the way. Was that a solo effort? How did you film it?)

• Like 1

Great work, inspiring! I had thought about modding a Konghead when it came out but this shows the way on what can really be achieved with the addition of those portal axles. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments, it was really good fun to build, and even more so to drive!

9 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Phil, what a stunning build. You nailed this.  Taking what is such a terrible initial  creation from Tamiya that  I literally wouldn’t  consider for more than 2 seconds, and turning it into a scale looking, credible  all terrain / trail vehicle, is a great job.  Great vision, concept, and execution.... love it. 

(Great camera work also by the way. Was that a solo effort? How did you film it?)

I film all my videos myself, using a GoPro Hero 7 in this one. The stabilisation is the best you can get, without the need for a gimbal.  

Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Phil_H said:

Thanks everyone for the comments, it was really good fun to build, and even more so to drive!

I film all my videos myself, using a GoPro Hero 7 in this one. The stabilisation is the best you can get, without the need for a gimbal.  

Thanks again. 

It's definitely a real step up for electronic stabilisation. In fact it has one advantage over a gimbal because it can stabilise up and down movement which a 3 axis gimbal cannot. That's why you have to try and ninja walk with a gimbal because otherwise the up and down movement of walking can be quite obvious even though it is smoothed out a lot.

• Like 1

****! That thing is unstoppable. I really didn't want to like the Dynahead but with some mods it's a beast. Oh man...here goes again.