Terz1

Which transmitter has the cheapest receivers?

Hi guys. A couple of years back I bought a Code core CR151 transmitter. The reason being it had a 15 model memory so I figured I could buy 15 receivers and basically have one transmitter for the whole fleet. Unfortunately as I found out late last year this model of transmitter has been discontinued and I only managed to buy 3 receivers so my plan isn't going to work anymore. I have 7 tamiya which I know isn't a lot compared to some but I haven't even got enough for those, plus the collection is bound to grow. I remember the hobbyking hk3100 receivers worked and it was compatible with the Tamco TAC330 but they have also disappeared.

So that brings me to where I am at the moment. I'm thinking of getting another transmitter (preferably stick) which has a 10 plus model memory and buying a bunch of receivers for my fleet, plus some spares for future. So which transmitter has the cheapest receivers ?  I think this is going to be were the cost is as I'll be buying 10-15 of them. Thanks

Just a tought (I now you want stick but...) I have 2 flysky gt3b transmiters with 10 model memory each and thry are fantastic for the money, receivers only cost 6euros each so I have 20 now !  

• Like 1

Is there not a way to bind the transmitter with other 3rd-party receivers? I seem to recall there being a way to do this in the Flysky manual. @Terz1 you might want to try and track down the manual for your transmitter online, as there may be a binding process you can go through which will allow you a wider choice of receivers.

• Like 1

I've seen the flysky transmitters and the receivers do seem like a good price. Both the FS i6 and the gt3b look great. @Yalson I wonder if anyone has tried binding a flysky receiver to the code core transmitter. I'll have a look into this and if it seems possible I'll by a flysky receiver and try to bind it.

Anyone tried the radiolink stuff?

Flysky GT3C is the cheapest.  (GT3B uses 8 batteries. The later version, GT3C uses 4 batteries)

The receivers should be the same for both, and I paid $53 USD for 10.  So, that was about $5.30 each.  

I've been eyeing on Radiolink RC6GS ($67 USD).  6 channel, and the receiver has a gyro!  Gyro!  Gyro!  And one extra GYRO receiver costs about $13.  I think it's a new company that might be 4-5 years old.  

Usually, you cannot mix transmitters and receivers.  Even within the same company one transmitter might support certain receivers, not all.  (I see that below receiver is not compatible with above 9Ch transmitter.)

99T6Rmy.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, Juggular said:

Flysky GT3C is the cheapest.  (GT3B uses 8 batteries. The later version, GT3C uses 4 batteries)

The receivers should be the same for both, and I paid $53 USD for 10.  So, that was about $5.30 each.  

I've been eyeing on Radiolink RC6GS ($67 USD).  6 channel, and the receiver has a gyro!  Gyro!  Gyro!  And one extra GYRO receiver costs about $13.  I think it's a new company that might be 4-5 years old.  

Usually, you cannot mix transmitters and receivers.  Even within the same company one transmitter might support certain receivers, not all.  (I see that below receiver is not compatible with above 9Ch transmitter.)

99T6Rmy.jpg

The radiolink are good transmitters, I have 2 trackstar ts4g transmitters and 10 recievers they are they same as the radiolink.
For the price you cant go wrong with them.

• Thanks 1

I have a Spektrum DX3S, and I'm using a mix of OrangeRX GR300 and GR300R receivers. The 300Rs work with the DX4 and up, but are backwards compatible in a certain mode on my radio. The GR300s are fully supported. (With the Rs you lose the 11ms frames, and have to stick with the 16.5ms frames. Not an issue on the CC01 and Clod, big issue on the TRF :P )

See link HERE for the receiver. Plus, original Spektrum receivers do come by once in a while second hand on the internet for reasonable prices.