Darug

Wild willy 2 cracks easily?

Hi all. I own an original weld weekly, and recently built V2. However,with very little usage, it seems to break easily, like the roll bars, and the front send to come, where the screws are. I did use liquid thread lock, which was the one recommended by the hobby shop.

Ive not built one myself but if you have used thread lock into plastic parts then it can cause them to become brittle and possibly crack. Thread lock should only really be used when uusing fine threaded grub or machine screws into metal parts with a preformed threaded hole (not self tapping screws into plastic)

• Thanks 1

Threadlock on plastics not a good idea.

The wild Willy V2 is very robust and if put together properly, don't overtighten the screws, it can take quite a beating.

Use the wide front bumper takes care of loads of the driver errors ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. Looks like you are correct. I've spoken to the place I purchased it from and hopefully, they will supply the parts at a reduced price.

I tried some thread lock on my son's WW2 to hold the dampers in place. Ended up having to replace the D Parts. 

Now instead of thread lock I use any sort if cheap nail polish to help keep the screws in place.

For metal screws into plastic I just use normal CYA super glue, when you want to undo it the glue normally stays in the plastic leaving a nice tight threaded hole. 

• Like 1