Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

FPV RECORDING HELP (RC305)

Hi,

so I got into the quadcopter hobby mostly, as I like the ability to see first person view. As for flying it is really like you are a hummingbird.

So for example why not make this also possible on a rc car.

so for example I have a TFT monitor 7'', and a RC305 Video reciever.

my main question is... the RC305 reciever has 2x AV outputs... 1 for the monitor the other one stays free... is there anykind of device I could plug into a 3,5mm video output jack and record the video on a sd card?

le-0094-chart002.jpg

also the camera I am using wil be a Eachine TX02, a camera that has 120 angle and it comes with cloverleaf antenna and transmitter build in.

2016120715021781-1088368.jpg

is there a way to add a mic, since eachine did not...

and also I hope this camera will work only by pluging it in to a 5v output reciver port. as it is a  all in one camera.

but the most important question to me is, what device to use to record the footage.

Google some of the raspberry pi sad video recorders, would these work? What’s the size limitation?

I was also very curious about such a setup on a car too. It is on my list to do someday, but thats in the far future. Biggest challange may be to mount the camera in a low-vibration manner, as moving car platforms are not nearly as stable as Drone platforms.

But driving an RC car with FPV goggles on, that should be a blast! :D

well, as RC cars are a world for itself so a are drones, I categorized my interest to FPV drone racing, as they (who would know) are cheaper to build or get into the hobby to understand this world.

as I got my first quadcopter a micro eachine e013... it has a FPV camera... and after taking of the shell I noticed the camera is only wired to a + & - tab. So I needed only a way to see what the camera is seeing. FPV goggles are expensive, the cheapest good ones would be about 100$. But I managed to swap my DSLR (since I never really got into that hobby) for a monitor, receiver, 2x FATSHARK antennas, transmitter.. all powerd on  my 3s 1500mAh battery.

the only thing that is left out here is sound... the TX02 camera does not have a mic, neither does the TX01 on the eachine E013. but I havent stil chosen a camera for my 250mm quad, that one must have sound!