ACCEL

Pacific Green Grand Hauler

I started this Oct.2018, waitn' for parts i came across some most other interesting builds thus the time lapse. the body is painted the same color as my Kyosho Majesty 800S

which she had to have a mate to tow her plus the fact i had plenty of paint leftover.

i was really impressed with all Tamiya rigs for years, but just never pressed the button, the builds the videos some of you here just mind blowing how these rigs are STUNNING!

anyways here it goes 

SDC11094 (2).JPG

SDC11096_(2).JPG

• Like 3

I installed SS screws/ machine heads, nuts and washers where ever possible

SDC11103 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Wow - no expense spared on that chassis!  Those parts make my rigs jealous... :o  

Now Mr. Mad AX even though this truck is green your trucks should not be green with envy also:D.

being my first 1:14 (and have been waiting a long time to acquire one), i've always wanted to do one and now i have the chance.

i could spend more on this rig but i keep telling my self this won't be the last truck, on that note these Tamiya's and their aftermarket Hop-Ups have more accessories than Barbie. 

• Like 1

Just a smidgen of Diamond Plate.

how about those teeny weeny itsy bitsy SS eyeglass screws for rivets................?

DREMEL is my best friend:lol:

SDC11104 (2).JPG

SDC11105 (2).JPG

SDC11107 (2).JPG

• Like 7

Have you got an approx break down of the parts you used for the chassis? I would love to have a go at one of these in the next few months.

Very nice! Is the chassis a completely different one other than stock, or did you use frame extenders? Please do tell.

Very nice! Is the chassis a completely different one other than stock, or did you use frame extenders? Please do tell.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, GTodd said:

GTodd the rails are stock, leaf springs, U-bolts are stock and 11 screws and 4 nuts are stock the rest is SS, every part has been coated with EEZOX to prevent rust.

these 1:14 has me wanting a 1:1 i do not think my 3500 1 ton counts:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ACCEL said:

these 1:14 has me wanting a 1:1 i do not think my 3500 1 ton counts:lol:

I went to a local full-size truck show last year.  Being in England it was mostly Euro trucks but there were a couple of Big Petes parked up near the entrance - probably show trucks and big boy's toys more than working rigs.  Not for the first time, I found myself thinking "dang, I was born in the wrong country in the wrong decade..."

I was chatting to someone who owned a Scania V8 rig, he said he got through £100 worth of diesel across the weekend, just revving it up for the crowd.

I'm not sure the owner-operator lifestyle is as romantic as it sounds, especially in Britain...

lay out, cutting and trimming diamond plate, & drilling, pretty easy (priceless):D 

fitting and installing Lil' screws and nuts PITA..............................................

SDC11210 (2).JPG

SDC11211 (2).JPG

• Like 2

don't take these pictures for granite............................:o

SDC11218 (2).JPG

SDC11227 (2).JPG

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 12:30 AM, Superluminal said:

Have you got an approx break down of the parts you used for the chassis? I would love to have a go at one of these in the next few months.

some were bought as extras being i have never built a 1:14 before, and i do not like waiting for parts after i mis-order, i read, i read a lot before i start any project, but on this planet i come prepared for the unexpected, my lil brain can only absorb so much information when it's crowded with unicorns:lol:

here's most of the list....................................

SDC11231 (3).JPG

SDC11233 (2).JPG

wheels are XSPEDE and Tamiya motorized legs, paint is Duplicolor Pacfic Green, mix in with lots of FUN!

• Like 1

oh! yeah!,  the MF in MFC-01 is the correct two letters i think of it.:lol:

• Haha 1

I wanted this truck so it could haul my lunch and this boat.................................

the build is on OSE, KYOSHO MAJESTY 800S

SDC11235 (2).JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

oooh, that's a lovely yacht.  I waited for an age for a Heng Long Atlantic motor yacht to come back into stock to make a load for my low loader, but it doesn't look nearly as pretty as yours and the scale is a bit off (more like 1:18 I think).  I was thinking of cutting out the top deck and fabricating all new so it looks like a smaller boat at a larger scale.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

oooh, that's a lovely yacht.  I waited for an age for a Heng Long Atlantic motor yacht to come back into stock to make a load for my low loader, but it doesn't look nearly as pretty as yours and the scale is a bit off (more like 1:18 I think).  I was thinking of cutting out the top deck and fabricating all new so it looks like a smaller boat at a larger scale.

i had some of my 1/32 scale peeps for pics i took when building Her Majesty, slightly small and 1/24th peeps were too big. 

a lilttle CB i scratched togeather.

zHrQUBb.jpg8wDLjV7.jpg

A lil' dash here and a lil' dash there................

• Like 5

the dash looks great and the cb radio looks great (come on):lol:.

i did a right hand drive conversion on my hauler quit easy tbh i have'nt added any item to the interior as i have tinted the windows with 1.1 window film.  i wish i had of done it on my merc also but did'nt think about it at the time of build

• Thanks 1

At first i was so Gun Ho on this build (still am) it's just when i first aquired this kit it took a very long time to shop for different parts, thus another reason to be part this Great Club. So upon searching for these parts i kept coming across other marvelous projects to aquire and partake in the endevorest quest of one of the neatest things on this planet earth to build RC.

now i am contemplating on building a trailer or purchase one, for building one would be made of various aluminum pieces i save from jobs ie...shower door frames, door thresholds, ladders, door and window screen channels, ect...

That said it would be fun and a challange, purchasing one would save so much time, it comes down to a mood of, are these Trailer kits worth their wieght?

building and fabricating won't be so bad once that i have a blue print (which is mostly visual and scaling size from what i see on line) plus it's going to take quite some time to aquire materials and some purchsed products.

so this is will be a longer build than i anticiapated.

MFC, what i know now and what i have read (not installed yet) i personally will never purchase another one ever.

at first when i read up on it, i knew there was pros and cons to this wicked device, but staying true to Tamiya i told my self "You'll just have to learn it"😒 😆 😁

i would not put a euro trailer on the hauler as they look way to out of scale either go with a flat bed jobbie of the tanker trailer.

doing a self build is always a good thing.

and i agree the mfu should come under a dark art category. i did say i would not buy another one after my hauler instale but i went ahead and brought another for my merc but i dought i would buy another 

• Like 1