ACCEL

Pacific Green Grand Hauler

Liking that Pacific green, doesnt look too far off GM's Bright Teal Metallic 👍

As above, I would extend a flatbed orif you are feeling spendy a low loader from rc4wd. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 3:43 PM, berman said:

Liking that Pacific green, doesnt look too far off GM's Bright Teal Metallic 👍

As above, I would extend a flatbed orif you are feeling spendy a low loader from rc4wd. 

i always wanted one of my RC's to be Green. i'm building a trailer with real hydraulics and servo lift gate/roll up doors maybe also. it's not happening over night.

The fun is in the planning.

Super nice these semi's trucks. I just started the hobby in the big trucks and the quality is just top. I have still dozens of other Tamiya's kits to build and suddenly tried the semi's. So far my flatbed trailer is done. And I am building the grand hauler presently and could not resist to buy the Freightliner, the Scania R470 and the semi trailer. A lot of work for a while. I have so many Tamiya's built over the years that there is no more room in the house to store them. Not counting my rc planes, my drones and helicopters. Lol I 

• Like 1

This hobby for me will go with me to my grave, i've said it once if not 10,000 times it's all in the build, anyone can play with these but building them is my ticket.

and i personally Thank God Almighty for the use of my eyes and hands to do these builds and to think through them. still learning and still having fun.

i just aquired the new https://www.banggood.com/search/mini-sailboat.html since my Vela, Seawind and Micro Magic are just a tad bit big for the pool. it's starting to get roasty here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Capucine said:

Super nice these semi's trucks. I just started the hobby in the big trucks and the quality is just top. I have still dozens of other Tamiya's kits to build and suddenly tried the semi's. So far my flatbed trailer is done. And I am building the grand hauler presently and could not resist to buy the Freightliner, the Scania R470 and the semi trailer. A lot of work for a while. I have so many Tamiya's built over the years that there is no more room in the house to store them. Not counting my rc planes, my drones and helicopters. Lol I 

You better get Cracken!:D

i look a it like this, i start a build (never in my RC history have i aquired so many at once) while i'm waiting for hop ups, a needed service part, or some electronic device i just start a new build, whether it's cutting out a body, painting, or just maintance, i just find something else to do. will i ever aquire enough, that's not how i see it,

how many times have you eaten one thing for any leanth of time? Exactally, taste buds get bored  and needs new flavors HA!

Are you posting your builds here Capucine?

every one here brings Great Flavor to The Builds,

i'm in favor of mistakes because i come back and make it even better, i love it when sometimes certain things take a little longer thus i have more room for improvements or a part or piece i did'nt have or thought of suddenly pops up and BAM! that's it.

Accel: same for me. I build them like I would do puzzle but the time I have for playing is not there. So as a pass time the fun of putting them together is my main goal.  Browsing on the internet is the main culprit for looking in new models on the market specially in the bed at night. I noticed that Hercules is making some very nice models with opening doors etc. Looks like they are cloning Tamiya on their semi trucks big time. 

• Like 1

it seems this topic of Big Rigs and Armor is some what stagnate on this forum, well someday i'd enjoy building a tank but i have come across some really nice Cross RC vehicles that are Militarily Marvelously built Mighty Machines.

my intentions to get back into the PGH shall be later than sooner. it's not i do not want to finish it, just endless wiring, smoke. more darn rivets, i dig tracing and cutting out Diamond plate, and the MF'er is going to take me time to learn. but in the mean time it'll just make an easier build with all the practice i've been getting as of late, i still read and research, plan and have endless log books, i jot down everything that i build into what ever comes to mind whether i use it or not it gets written down.

Oh Tamiya Club you have robbed me of my youth:o........................................................................................:lol:

• Haha 2

My particular favourite part of your outburst was the phrase MF'er :D

I ask only two things here:

1. Keep being you

2. Get this MF'er progressing so we can see updates!

• Like 2

Yes the Infamous MFC Multi Function Unit (sounds like something the Borg says right before assimilating you into one of them) it's ok my phaser is locked on stun.

Ah it's not difficult soon as i updated the LED's i found out they may not work with "THE UNIT" (reminds me of HAL in Space Oddyssey ) i don't know?

12,000 miles of wiring between train sets and slot cars, never mind the houses i do, and then this MF'er  just has me woundering did i waste a $3 bill.

i know i'll figure it out and program the thing with the TX. there's another story, found out could've used my DX8 but did not find that info till after i purchased the Reflex Stick2.

but what's cool is i have the frame by my closet so i see it every day, wish my work truck looked so cool underneath.

KEV_Mc what a Guy! seriously this will happen if i live long enough, such an odd place we know as Earth, it just will not give me enough time in the day:lol:

and KEV! have fun dear Sir! i'll be here jump'n around like an oil damper🐱🚀

• Like 2

Back in the saddle again.

continued today, same story different page, sections at a time, still so many more pieces to apply.

K9thOni.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

How’s this one going @ACCEL??

well MR. Re-Bugged this is the truck that brought me here, and just look at all the trouble it has brought about:lol::lol::lol:

The story line.........................................................................................................................or dots which ever you prefer-------------------------------------

it's like this, this truck was and is supposed to be my so called top of the line build, Big Rig and all, and part of me for what ever reason just came to a conclusion that i don't want to rush it nor screw it up. when i first started putting the chassis together and paint and diamond plate (even made Lil' dice to hang some place in the cab) and when the MF'er (MFC-01) came into play i froze up, and other kits like the Fat Fox Buggyra and others started distracting my attention from the PGH.

it's kinda like saving that last chocolate chip cookie for later, you tend to saver the moment.

when my wife lost her mind and left, and my eldest son (with Chrones disease) and i stayed in our home we had purchased in 1987, and being in the trades since i was 16 and always love to put things together and construct. well i quit drinking 3+ years ago and promised (which i do not do easily) to my Father that's right God Almighty, i'd never drink again, work quadrupled (money followed) my fog was gone and energy sky rocketed. so down time when i tinker, usually early am and after work.

i have had a saying more than 35 years (Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys and Lego's and somewhere Hot Wheels (and Tonka,) came into play and the rest is history. I bet i'll never come close to the hours spent with myself, friends and my children playing with all that was mentioned above.

God Bless for asking, perhaps this clears any misconceptions why i am a full blown wack o loon. 

now lets share some cookies and pickle juice😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

That’s good it’s still in hand I was beginning to fear it had been mothballed with all your other projects coming in 👍🏻, otherwise I’d would have offered you 50 bucks for it to get it out your hair to make some room 😉

I have a Buggyra on the radar as well, I was even doodling some ideas for one the other day, kinda thinking a drift truck for that one 🤔 

I was out of Popcorn too but the cookies will keep me going for the time being instead, Cheers Bud 👍🏻

• Like 2

No it just had to have 10 wheels, and a electronic device that rivals the Q-36 Space Modulator 

• Haha 1

Keep on Trucking brother, it’s looking great 👍🏻
Even the wall sockets would appear to be gasping with anticipation  😉

0D5F28A6-5322-4D72-B95D-50B2CE5ADC4E.jpg

• Haha 4

Re-Bugged the Buggy Man or is that the Boogie Man... you are a clever sort, that was and is funny as, well you know.

Ok down to serious interior components<_<.........................:lol: (i'll do speaker grilles later)

1st we have...

2TPaeWt.jpg

Left over Dollar Tree so called Transformer parts used with and on The USS Bluefish submarine (hey they just looked right)

iDaaOno.jpg

2nd, well that's what these are...................................................................................................................................................................................

VTwukZH.jpg

bIr95v7.jpg

• Like 6

Cledus just was tired of waiting for me to finish his rig and completed his today.

u6IeSOG.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

i started with a strip of diamond plate, didn't look well, so then i came to the conclusion of vinyl wrap matte black and this is what it came out looking like...............................

FANTASTIC! had to burn a small piece of DP to get to this...

31m454u.jpg

ugTHrRB.jpg

• Like 5

Let's see how this stacks up?

will it work? will the smoke rise? will the smoke generator's fan be strong enough? these questions i have asked since last year, like Capt' Ron said "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen out there":lol:

Thanx to UHU Glue (wish it was clear) but not too visible being stack slips over and it's toward the cab.

3VLyfOQ.jpg

KD9WrxZ.jpg

vJREpIY.jpg

usdCHCN.jpg

EHDiZzj.jpg

• Like 4

Screw the Glue!

The column and steering wheel will be screwed together with Stainless Steel M2 and #4FH screws.

pdvacfA.jpg

the column center got wrapped with black matte vinyl wrap

kv51geU.jpg

and then i started the Speed Indicator lights...

kSK87Yt.jpg

• Like 2