ACCEL

Pacific Green Grand Hauler

Absolutely incredible build!  I wish I could say more, but the jaw-dropping detail and quality has left me speechless.

• Thanks 1

Ok these pics are for SupraChrgd82, i believe (being if it were new construction electrical installation for a house) i could do that quicker than the time it took this build's electrical process.

Patience lots of fargin patience,

Make Note; it's not the initial installation of the wiring, it's the process and time to loom and route and strap and placement of it all, you can not truly hide all of it, but it can be more presentable in areas.

d0pVZ6p.jpg

hGLDDOk.jpg

2opZe3H.jpg

• Like 4

Aluminum diamond plate, herringbone metallic vinyl sheet and sides are the black matte vinyl wrap, and just a bit of flat acrylic paint...

seats are screwed not glued.

(the seats were sprayed already).

floor board material is an eye glass protector case.

g2obPHn.jpg

T7MKk3d.jpg

1xfWIqa.jpg

• Like 3

5363M32.jpg

JYg6pm3.jpg

finally the servo horn/saver and rods installed,  A  L  M  O  S  T   T  H  E  R  E>>>

Redid some wire chases

• Like 2

drilled two holes left and right hand sides just behind the counter weight (shaker box) between the battery holder tray.......................................................................

UxZLWoi.jpg

YbTp5v4.jpg

Wires!, so many dang wires!

• Like 2

Ok here it is, it has been sitting in a jewelry hutch for a very long time, bet i've held it three times, the day it arrived, the day i put it aside and today to take these photos, one more time to solder and install.

This is a Transducer (from Parts Express) shown with the MF'er over sized monstrosity of a supposedly Tamiya small speaker,

here's what it should of been and what it's going to be with even better quality sound and supposedly even a bit louder volume, same wattage, same Ohms and a heck of a lot smaller, now that is Tranquil.............................................

QLEgpcE.jpg

RSuM0KO.jpg

STzb0Jf.jpg

• Like 4

I love this, want to know more about that speaker because like you (and probably everyone who has ever installed a MFC) I can not believe how big that speaker is.

So, following on from that and being in Australia, what specs should I look for for a speaker like that, and do you think that the sound quality will be as good? Are you building it into a smaller box?

• Like 1

https://www.parts-express.com/peerless-pmt-37n28al01-04-37mm-aluminum-cone-transducer-4-ohm--264-1560

1 hour ago, JNSD1 said:

I love this, want to know more about that speaker because like you (and probably everyone who has ever installed a MFC) I can not believe how big that speaker is.

So, following on from that and being in Australia, what specs should I look for for a speaker like that, and do you think that the sound quality will be as good? Are you building it into a smaller box?

i'll be testing it later, could of hooked it up a long while ago but just never did, i think this will Velcro and act as a baffle, as the Ol' sayn' goes "box? i don't need no stinkn' box" :lol: assuming the cab will act like an encloser.

it is the same wattage 5W at 4 Ohms 10 watt max, from the specs and reviews it should rival the MF'ers speaker by leaps and bounds.

i hope does oh i hope it does:D

• Like 1

Brilliant, thank you - as like a lot of things finding that for a reasonable price in Australia is a challenge, found this for $34.40 shipped to me from an AU seller: https://www.wagneronline.com.au/tymphany-1-6-aluminium-cone-transducer/prod-id-usersearch1/994239/fl/ looks the same to me? Seems that it's a laptop speaker in that spec? (Or as I searched for after some time was: Aluminium Micro Transducer 1.6" Rubber Surround 200 Hz Driver for laptop tablet)

My build is nearly there and this was one of the items that, while I found a few different ways to proverbial skin this cat, in reality a smaller speaker was always the better option. However I do hold reserved scepticism that without the box it will sound as good, but I am certainly not an audio expert by any stretch of the imagination... You may well be right that inside the cab will act kinda the same... if anyone is an expert or can chime in I'm all ears!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JNSD1 said:

Brilliant, thank you - as like a lot of things finding that for a reasonable price in Australia is a challenge, found this for $34.40 shipped to me from an AU seller: https://www.wagneronline.com.au/tymphany-1-6-aluminium-cone-transducer/prod-id-usersearch1/994239/fl/ looks the same to me? Seems that it's a laptop speaker in that spec? (Or as I searched for after some time was: Aluminium Micro Transducer 1.6" Rubber Surround 200 Hz Driver for laptop tablet)

My build is nearly there and this was one of the items that, while I found a few different ways to proverbial skin this cat, in reality a smaller speaker was always the better option. However I do hold reserved scepticism that without the box it will sound as good, but I am certainly not an audio expert by any stretch of the imagination... You may well be right that inside the cab will act kinda the same... if anyone is an expert or can chime in I'm all ears!

appears it is the same one, if i'm not mistaken some small stock laptop speakers can sound ok and get pretty loud for their size and this is an upgrade for those, so i believe it shall do a good enough job and save cu.in. in the already crowed state that the MFC Unit takes up. when i was reading (i beleive i mentioned somewhere in the beginning if i needed to install seats, have a driver) i started a quest to find a replacement speaker to replace the speaker box and the scaled down 36" sub woofer the kit provided 😀

To: JNSD1

I'm thinking right now, all the laptops i've dismantled the l'il speakers were only in a thin small plastic case no bigger than itself, thus is why i said the velcro would act as sound deadening and the back of the transducer only has four small holes around the backside diameter and a cloth circle tape in the middle, so i'm thinking it's self contained already.

• Like 1

All of a sudden a couple of Led's went kaput, so re-do the rear bumper lighting again.

There is a  bright side to this story:lol: i came up with a different mode of tucking the wires in the middle instead of a thick loom and heat shrink tube.

Drilled two holes to fit two M2 screws................................................................................................................................ 

kwaX5Zx.jpg

oh my! this did take a little while.Wipe His Sweat Stock Illustrations, Images & Vectors | Shutterstock

you know on a side note? it seems most of the time when something does go awry, something generally good becomes of it.

• Like 3

WOW Bud!!! You NAILED that Pacific Green!! 😊💯👍👍👏👏👏👏👏 It's almost like you used the Ford Color Code, and used Automotive Lacquer. Really, REALLY looks GREAT!! 

One of these have been on my Dream List for as long as I can remember. DEFINITELY on my next year List! GAWD I've wanted one of these FOREVER. 😊 or at least since 2002, when I saw my first!  

I'm thinking Globe Liner. LOVE the Kennys (even though the Hauler isn't authentic - it LOOKS close). I really want the Cabover - OPERATING, with a nice, detailed Cat Diesel underneath. With THAT Rig - I WILL go as far as you did!! Maybe more! 😜 

I really hope I can get one soon......😊 

Brother, yours looks GREAT!!

• Thanks 1

I NEED ANOTHER OPTION FOR A MFC UNIT!! 😖 

NOT that Money will be a problem next year, but with everything I read, the MFC UNIT doesn't play nice with 2.4GHz....  I've already got a Transmitter for it, an 8 Channel FlySky for my Foam Board Aircraft. SHOULD be able to manage most of the bells and whistles.  I just haven't driven a Ground RC with STICKS since 1988!!! 😲

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Carmine A said:

I read, the MFC UNIT doesn't play nice with 2.4GHz....

It doesn't play nice with anybody, it's The Borg and it will assimilate your functions and then it's too late.

and the MF'er is a electronic vice of yesteryear and Tamiya needs to get in front of this electronic machine device and make it better and easier and less expensive and dang should of went to school for electronics or let Mad AX at it, all said and done the Unit is quite amazing for all it controls.

if this device ever takes a poopy, it'll be converted to quite a simpler life form. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

It doesn't play nice with anybody, it's The Borg and it will assimilate your functions and then it's too late.

and the MF'er is a electronic vice of yesteryear and Tamiya needs to get in front of this electronic machine device and make it better and easier and less expensive and dang should of went to school for electronics or let Mad AX at it, all said and done the Unit is quite amazing for all it controls.

if this device ever takes a poopy, it'll be converted to quite a simpler life form. 

Yes you can use 2.4 GH.z and it's not that hard .

Look at https://hobbyconcepts.net , step by step guide how to . Great ideas etc , youtube ( Hobbyconcepts-LLC )

has vids as well . You may lose a day watching his videos :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, matman said:

Look at https://hobbyconcepts.net , step by step guide how to . Great ideas etc , youtube ( Hobbyconcepts-LLC )

On 10/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, ACCEL said:

23 hours ago, matman said:

Agree that HobbyConcepts videos are amazing, but his weren't the ones that dragged me out from the dark depths of Turnigy 9x badword. I found another lady who did that on YouTube. 

The MFC's are very difficult if you have a radio that others haven't worked out before, like I did. Now if you have a common 2.4 like Spektrum you'll be fine. 

I do agree that it seems to be a piece of technology that is in desperate need of a proper upgrade, you need to be able to program it on a computer or app. For the price of them it begs belief how painful they are - I still don't have all the functions I want, like the simple function of using a switch on my TX to turn on high beams! - I think I have a work around for it but still, it's painful.

The only final note though for all and sundry is that there is a certain sick pleasure from struggling SO MUCH with something then working it out, it's one of lifes greatest pleasures, and partly the reason most of us love this hobby, building stuff and problem solving, it's half the hobby.

• Like 2

The only final note though for all and sundry is that there is a certain sick pleasure from struggling SO MUCH with something then working it out, it's one of lifes greatest pleasures, and partly the reason most of us love this hobby, building stuff and problem solving, it's half the hobby.

Tell it on the Mountain Brother, AMEN! 

we would not learn anything if it were always easy.

You typed that quite nicely, BRAVO JNSD1

• Like 2

Accel, you are nailing this! What a fantastic build and great craftsmanship. I’ll be following this for sure, keep it up. Love the pics!

Cheers

Kurt

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:30 AM, ACCEL said:

I wanted this truck so it could haul my lunch and this boat.................................

the build is on OSE, KYOSHO MAJESTY 800S

SDC11235 (2).JPG

I really like your detailing on this Kyosho Majesty 800. I'm just about to receive the same boat and you've inspired me to use the same parts if possible. Do you happen to have a list of the parts that you used so that I can order them? I'm going to spray the boat metallic grey with amber details. I'll post the results here when completed.

Riva_007.jpg

RIVA3.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 2:29 AM, Gman101 said:

I really like your detailing on this Kyosho Majesty 800. I'm just about to receive the same boat and you've inspired me to use the same parts if possible. Do you happen to have a list of the parts that you used so that I can order them? I'm going to spray the boat metallic grey with amber details. I'll post the results here when completed.

Hello Gman,

eric here, the stern drive and hardware was purchased from OFF SHORE ELECTRICS OSE, stainless steel railings tubing can be found online the build is on OSE Forum.

LED's i purchased from Model Train Stuff, all my hobbies are influenced by and from one another, meld together for fun.

i look forward to seeing your build, as i thought and planned this out other ideas just as always pop in my head as though i was really going to navigate this vessel.

i'll be checking back off and on, i was going at RC at a good pace for awhile, being the funds were there and time to find was easier, but my heart is now set on a woman that has turned my life upside down in a good way, but with patients nothing gets done. Then there's the rest of life here.

Anyways Ships Ahoy!

• Like 1

Hey Eric!! I was close to emailing you - but didn't want to be a nag...  Haven't heard from you in quite a while. I was actually getting concerned!!! 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:54 AM, Carmine A said:

Hey Eric!! I was close to emailing you - but didn't want to be a nag...  Haven't heard from you in quite a while. I was actually getting concerned!!! 

I'm here i'll PM you all about it.

It's reality and it's fun and sometimes hurts all at the same time

miss ya to buddy. i'm not far just trying this ride called life:D

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, ACCEL said:

I'm here i'll PM you all about it.

It's reality and it's fun and sometimes hurts all at the same time

miss ya to buddy. i'm not far just trying this ride called life:D

So glad to hear that!! 😊

This ride called Life can have its problems.... I've been in a WAITING pattern for over 2 Months, waiting for the Mortgage on my Great Grandfather's House to FINALLY close, so we can finally get our Inheritance. Scraping pennies till then..... 

At least health has been decent.