bjorklo

TA-01 Turning Yellow

ta01turningyellowMerged_zpsinhvayck.png

So I have for quite some time now been getting yellow parts to build a Yellow TA-01 chassis.  I will start this project this weekend so more pictures will follow soon. I will not do many mods on this build, i think :)

Stay tuned

• Like 3

Three likes already and the build is not even started.......  You are definitely doing something right !

:lol:

• Like 1

Let's get this thread started. Here is the car, chassis and parts I'm going to use. 

IMG_20190131_140714_zpshvr0b7wq.jpg

IMG_20190131_140756_zpsrhhqbocp.jpg

Allready there is allot of yellow parts on the chassis but there could be even more :)

OK, so considering the body on this car it should have been orange, but I had no luck in finding all the orange parts needed so then yellow it is. 

IMG_20190131_141234_zpsg4cpqstw.jpg

IMG_20190131_145021_zpse8oe3sz2.jpg

So far so good. Next thing will be to give it a good wash before I start putting it together again. 

• Like 4

Ahh, I just had to be sure so I check if this is a DF-01 chassis or a TA-01 and I'm a bit embarrassed now :mellow: of course it's a TA-01 chassis.. 

I always mix these 

I must change the heading and the logo for this build.. :P

Edited by bjorklo
But please correct me if I'm wrong

On 2/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Oh no. Another @bjorklo df01 build. Getting serious envy over your builds and the little trick bits you have. 

Cant wait to see this come together. 

Sorry I wrote the wrong chassis type, it's a TA-01 chassis that I'm going to build. 

Just now, Snappy1 said:

Why isn't the orange chassis on a Terra Conqueror?

It will be one day, when I build one. I have already planed for it, it's gonna be a orange a black chassis. 

• Like 1

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I really love the neon TA01/2 bits. I have collected most of them but not all. I still miss the orange TA02 tub, yellow and white TA01 tub and some of the gearbox parts. I have the yellow and pink partially. This is an awesome project! I think I'm missing two pieces of the yellow stuff, a shocktower and something else. If you ever have any spares, let me know :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tizer said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I really love the neon TA01/2 bits. I have collected most of them but not all. I still miss the orange TA02 tub, yellow and white TA01 tub and some of the gearbox parts. I have the yellow and pink partially. This is an awesome project! I think I'm missing two pieces of the yellow stuff, a shocktower and something else. If you ever have any spares, let me know :)

Thanks.. i to love these parts, but i dont have to many of them.  Question for every colour made have Tamiya made tub,suspension and gearbox parts in that color? Being so hard to get hold on, i would say it’s just as hard to let go any of these parts. If i have and ever decide to let them go i will let you know. 

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Thanks.. i to love these parts, but i dont have to many of them.  Question for every colour made have Tamiya made tub,suspension and gearbox parts in that color? Being so hard to get hold on, i would say it’s just as hard to let go any of these parts. If i have and ever decide to let them go i will let you know. 

These are the parts I know of, but there might exist some further "event item" versions without item numbers, although I've never seen any versions in other colours (unless dyed):

49543 TA01 Fluorescent Yellow Suspension Arms
49544 TA01 Fluorescent Green Suspension Arms
49547 TA01/TA02 Fluorescent Gear Case (Yellow)
49548 TA01/TA02 Fluorescent Gear Case (Green)
49549 TA01/TA02 Fluorescent Gear Case (Pink)
49550 DF01/TA01 Fluorescent Yellow Chassis
49551 DF01/TA01 Fluorescent Orange Chassis
49552 DF01/TA01 Fluorescent Green Chassis
49572 TA01 White Suspension Arms
49573 TA02 White Suspension Arms
49574 FF01 White Suspension Arms
49575 DF01 White Suspension Arms
49578 TA02/FF01 Super White Chassis
49579 TA02/FF01 Fluorescent Orange Chassis

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

These are the parts I know of, but there might exist some further "event item" versions without item numbers, although I've never seen any versions in other colours (unless dyed):

49543 TA01 Fluorescent Yellow Suspension Arms
49544 TA01 Fluorescent Green Suspension Arms
49547 TA01/TA02 Fluorescent Gear Case (Yellow)
49548 TA01/TA02 Fluorescent Gear Case (Green)
49549 TA01/TA02 Fluorescent Gear Case (Pink)
49550 DF01/TA01 Fluorescent Yellow Chassis
49551 DF01/TA01 Fluorescent Orange Chassis
49552 DF01/TA01 Fluorescent Green Chassis
49572 TA01 White Suspension Arms
49573 TA02 White Suspension Arms
49574 FF01 White Suspension Arms
49575 DF01 White Suspension Arms
49578 TA02/FF01 Super White Chassis
49579 TA02/FF01 Fluorescent Orange Chassis

Thanks for the info... So mainly 4 or 5 with the orange ta02 tub, complete chassis and then you got the white one with tub and arms, but no gearbox. Would have been cool to have em all built and displayed. 

I have as shown here in the thread  the yellow and the orange one's but I also got the green tub. I have some white fr01 arms, that I could dye to match the tub, if I want to.  I had the pink df01 arms, but I dyed em red. Actually I thought they were already dyed pink from white  by someone else. If I only had know that it was tamiya original pink (I didn't know at that time that Tamiya had made em in pink) , I wouldn't dyed em red..  But they do look nice on my black and red Top-Force 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=124598&id=8721

They never did any pink arms unfortunately, so I think you are right that a previous owner already dyed them pink himself ;) 

It's too bad they never did a full car. The closest you can get is a yellow or green TA01, but you'll still need a few black parts to complete it (knuckles etc.)

Besides the stuff listed above there's also some fluorescent ballends, a neon yellow high-torque servo saver and I saw someone on Tamiyaclub post up a neon yellow foambumper once.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tizer said:

They never did any pink arms unfortunately, so I think you are right that a previous owner already dyed them pink himself ;) 

It's too bad they never did a full car. The closest you can get is a yellow or green TA01, but you'll still need a few black parts to complete it (knuckles etc.)

Besides the stuff listed above there's also some fluorescent ballends, a neon yellow high-torque servo saver and I saw someone on Tamiyaclub post up a neon yellow foambumper once.

Ahh, i was a bit quick on my assumptions :P 

Yeah it would have been so cool if they did that. all yellow or any other color. they should have done some new special editions, since they still use these chassis in re re's.. 

colored ballends are cool in different colors. I actually think I have a yellow high-torque servo saver someplace

Went through my parts box and found some parts I think will be nice to have on this car.

IMG_20190214_232950_zpsskftin25.jpg

• Like 3

The thing I find boring with restorations is cleaning parts, especially if they are not that dirty.

That’s why it has taken some time to get progress in this project, that said I have now washed the parts.

IMG_20190218_000144_zpspbqvueac.jpg

IMG_20190217_222827_zpsifoevlzn.jpg

Ok, I did wash some parts that I didn’t need to, but then again, then they are clean if I’m gonna use em on a later point.
The orange chassis tub I know for sure will be used in future project.

Started to assemble the gearboxes and suspension. I noticed that there is some cracks in the plastic, but I used Gorilla glue, so hopefully that will help.

IMG_20190218_232344_zpscwyzkm3d.jpg

IMG_20190218_232404_zpsr1ieyxxx.jpg

IMG_20190219_211923_zps8qlulmqc.jpg

IMG_20190220_213724_zpslbhnjjhw.jpg

IMG_20190220_220018_zpsivjm9j2k.jpg

IMG_20190220_220033_zpshivbyq6e.jpg

Nice update!

Unfortunately those cracks are very common. I usually use an M3 tap to pre-thread the plastic and use M3 machine screws to avoid putting too much pressure on the plastic and having it crack over time. I think you might have the rear hubs mounted wrong, left and right are swapped it seems.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Nice update!

Unfortunately those cracks are very common. I usually use an M3 tap to pre-thread the plastic and use M3 machine screws to avoid putting too much pressure on the plastic and having it crack over time. I think you might have the rear hubs mounted wrong, left and right are swapped it seems.

Hmm, then maybe I should do so now, if it's not to late?  About the rear hubs, this was the way the black one's were mounted, and I think it's to get the correct wheels distance to the arches on the body.  Once I got the chassis done, I can see how the body will fit if I change them to the correct way.   

Today I managed to mount both gearboxes to the chassis tub.

First I had to mount the motor, and I choosed to mount a Dyna Tech motor and use a alu motor mount. My intention was to run this car, therefore the alu mount, but now I’m thinking this will be yet another shelf queen. And since it’s gonna be a shelf queen I might just as well use the yellow motor mount, to make the chassis more complete.

IMG_20190221_211539_zpsinlklrky.jpg
IMG_20190221_211810_zps64koloid.jpg

There is still some assembly to do on the front gearbox, but I can’t do that before I have dyed some of the parts. Having yellow cva’s on this chassis will not look good at all, so I will dye em black. I will also try to dye the front knuckles black since they are blue, but I don’t think they will take the dye.

IMG_20190221_213331_zpsyyj061vq.jpg

Since I’m not gonna be mounting the on of switch where it’s supposed to be I added a CF plate as cover.

IMG_20190221_213404_zpsjnxoh9mq.jpg

Got the steering mounted. Actually I forgot to mount it at first

IMG_20190221_220047_zpscueuzoju.jpg

Looking real good

IMG_20190221_222650_zpseavorlln.jpg
IMG_20190221_222654_zps2atayqg4.jpg

Since I was a little bit unsure if I had assambled the rear lower arms correct to make the chassis fit the body. I just had to put some wheels on and see if it would fit. I decided to use the wheels and tires I bought for my TA-02 jägermaister Porsche since them look so much better than the originals.

IMG_20190221_223221_zpsswf0q3oi.jpg
IMG_20190221_224110_zpsexvjl1i6.jpg

I think the wheels looks spot on

IMG_20190221_223956_zps2i79cso3.jpg

You could use ta03 black steering knuckles! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bjorklo said:

I will also try to dye the front knuckles black since they are blue, but I don’t think they will take the dye.

Aren't blue knuckles TA02 part, meant for "long span" front suspension arms? I think that TA01 suspension uses DF01 knuckles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svenb said:

You could use ta03 black steering knuckles! 

Thanks for the tip, will get em.