Baddon

Madcap to SaintDragon conversion

well I picked up this Madcap for a very reasonable Buy it Now with the intention of converting to a Saint Dragon (as I don't want my other MadCap to be lonely....you all know how it goes (the lies we tell ourselves and others to justify getting another car!!)

20190205_185704

The car itself is in half decent condition and it DOES have the original rear rims but the tires are totally shredded. 

So to make it a Saint Dragon I need:-

Red Shocks (thanks to @Hobgoblin) from a forum members swift reply to a Wanted add on here (I also had an offer from @max69vk) so cheers guys.

20190205_185758

Then I need the body and decals, some instructions would be good (no idea how many buggies this shell can fit did you?)

20190205_190813

The body is a TBG (as you can see) the decals are genuine vintage Tamiya and the instructions are printed of from Tamiya base.

This shows where to cut for:-

Saint Dragon, Madcap, Grasshopper 2 and Hornet chassis.

20190205_190937

and this one shows were to cut for:- 

Terra Scorcher, Thunder Shot /Dragon & Fire Dragon.

20190205_190947

So first job was to rough trim the body shell

20190205_194529

DONE, next will be to accurately cut it out (have started but its noisy and kids in bed now so see you another time?

• Like 5

very unusual body, i like the tail end part. reminds me of one of my Hot Wheels.

• Like 1

I am kinda tempted to drop one of these onto one of my buggies. I have GH2 and Thundershot chassis. I know the cuts won't be quite right, but I would really appreciate seeing this dropped onto one of your 'shot chassis. Thanks! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I am kinda tempted to drop one of these onto one of my buggies. I have GH2 and Thundershot chassis. I know the cuts won't be quite right, but I would really appreciate seeing this dropped onto one of your 'shot chassis. Thanks! 

When I get it cut out and painted I will keep adding photos and once its white will as you say drop it on a Thunder car to let you see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saint Dragon was my first new Tamiya kit I got when I was 12.  Enjoying this build up you're doing!

• Like 1

So with purchase of a dremel type tool to help me get those awkward front cut outs for the shock towers done a lot easier I have moved on and done the following:-

Cleaned and fitted the red shocks.

Added new rear tires

Finished trimming the body

Last night I also ordered the new MCI decals so sort of not much I can do till they arrive as need the window mask to paint the body.

20190316_122748

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

here it is sitting on my ThunderDragon

20190316_122911

20190316_122919

The font body mount is the Thunder Dragon (forward) and would possibly sit better if you used the Terra Scorcher one (straight up)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realised I have no way to attach the rear of the Saint Dragon body to the Madcap rear suspension tower. Looked up on Tamiya Base the instructions and I need this

Has anyone either got this item:-

4035017 Kit part is listed as BP7

OR got a link to the like of shapeways or similar where I can order a printed version?

It is only for a display model BUT would still prefer to actually fix/pin it in place properly. I am not precious about all being proper vintage so more than happy with a printed version.

Thanks in advance. UK based.

A fellow TC member 3d Printed body mounts for me (thanks very much) He printed two with no holes in and then 2 with holes and sent all to me at that exceptionally good price of Good will.

SO I used one with holes, I then drilled the two with out holes and managed to break the coner of one of them as I leaned to heavy!!!! SORRY.

So long story short I have two of these going begging if anyone needs em let me know. If in Uk will post for the same price I got them. If further afield will just need to check post price.

2019-05-02_08-36-56 2019-05-02_08-36-28 2019-05-02_08-36-28

Now I just need to get round to painting and decals to finish it off so people stop asking "whats that one"

• Like 2

This was sent to me by

@jonboy1 

So a big thanks to John for these. i have since been able to pass on to another member @Affen

I still have one left.