2019_0208Rc4WD0052.JPG.a1926cd4c1417bcaf5d96da682c0e755.JPG

Here is my Defender as it is.It is all stock apart from the 55t motor installed. It is ballraced with locked diff front and rear. Laid out around it are the upgrades that Im doing.

The wheels and tires have been done.

2019_0208Rc4WD0053.JPG.c298328c3d66f14e4aef64cce706bf5b.JPG

The rest is the Yeah racing full suspension kit for the CC01. Each bit is individually wrapped with full instructions for each item. I also intend to cut the brick off and make up a sloping plate to cover the hole. The only other item I intend to get is a skid plate for the underside. Ill post pictures along with comments as I complete each section

• Like 4

no its a set of 4 Fastrax lights fitted to the roof rack. Cant remember what make but on ebay with snorkel. dirt cheap

Those wheels look ace! I've just fitted some softer tyres to my D90. The stock ones have no wear on them even though they have done about 10-15 miles. They are nicely scale but that's about it.

Where about's are you based Busdriver? Be great if we could organise a TC scaler day somewhere.

I live near to watford. Have a great set of woods and moor 15 yds from my house. I drive across the road and onto a footpath into the woods!

12 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I live near to watford. Have a great set of woods and moor 15 yds from my house. I drive across the road and onto a footpath into the woods!

Sounds just like my place! Maybe 40 yds and I'm in the woods. If you ever find yourself in Kent send me a PM, there's a small group of us that go out every so often. Usually Sunday afternoons.

Just finished all the mods. Unfortunately my camera had a glitch so pictures have disappeared:angry: I was very impressed with the Yeah Racing upgrades, the steering is especially good. The 4 link at the back is a bit stiff and the ballraced connector for the shorter links I think is shown the wrong way round. The prop shaft hit it even at slight suspension travel. Inverted it and back to ok.I think it needs softer springs to get the best out of the upgrades. The tires have made a huge difference especially with the 55T motor.Might get a 35 to use to cover the ground a bit quicker. Frankly if the wheels will grip it will go up some really steep slopes. As part of doing this I stripped the chassis back to bare bones and a problem appeared. When I first did the motor and the tires I ran it up a plank to see how it went. It started to make some funny noises so I stopped. When dismantled it found that the motor transmission cover had come away and the gears were rattling around in the casing.It transpired that the screws had ripped themselves out from the front, centre and rear mounting points taking a lot of the plastic with them. There then followed a lot of drilling and epoxying and I now have 3 x m3 studs epoxied in from the bottom of the chassis, cover is held on by an assortment of nuts which will be replaced by nylocs when I get a chance. Job done!!!! All in all its worked out really well, buying all the parts together defo saved over buying them individually. Will try and find/redo photos to add on.

• Like 2

All is not lost. PC had saved them to an un named file!!! took the roof rack off as made it to top heavy. Even without it I managed to topple it backwards down a hill.

Secret to posting multiple images is small file size!!!

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

2019_0215defenderupgrades0002.JPG

2019_0215defenderupgrades0006.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks, I like the way it looks. I didnt want a rock crawler just a good offroader and thats what I got. The rear shocks could do with a bit more travel but it would lift the rear end too much. I believe there is a Tamiya hop up shock extension but I not sure? Now all I need to do is work out how to get the roof off and build a roll cage.3landroverdefendersvxdrive.jpg.e948a9447e4597528e5f396e94c80fe3.jpg

I think its a bit of camera angle and yes I think the new suspension does give it a lift.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 6:53 PM, Busdriver said:

I believe there is a Tamiya hop up shock extension but I not sure? 

Part number 54519 .  I keep meaning to order a set myself