Sign in to follow this  
Peter_B

Iconic Revival 2019 - Anybody entered?

I have :D

submitted entries for 1 class of 2wd (89-93 I think), for either my RC10 Team Car or Super Astute. Also entered 3 classes for 4wd for my Top Force or Procat (89-93 again I think), Super Sabre (87-88 when I've refurbed it) and the Boomerang in the up to 86 class.

I misunderstood how the entry wishlist worked. I thought you just got one of your choices rather than (potentially) all of them.

I know that 2wd is a bit tight for entries so I've said I don't mind dropping that class. Especially as my RC10 has never been raced and the Super Astute is still in the box :)

If I got into the Boomerang and Top Force classes I'd be happy. Would still mean I'd have a good day out. Probably turn out to be easier to manage anyway.

Plus 4wd is the same day as the fun monster truck race so I can give my Bigfoot TXT-2 a run out :D

Anyone else going?

I would like to enter the TT01 class events as i quite like the idea of racing a basic stock chassis with a silver can (about as fast as my reactions can deal with)

I'm going :D  The Revival is the highlight of the RC calendar for me.  I'm not a serious racer, in fact as it stands I will do 2 race events this year - the Revival and round 1 of the Iconic Cup.  That's it.  I've adjusted my estimated skill level from 5/10 to 3/10 on the basis that I haven't raced properly in ages and I came plumb last in every race at last year's Revival.

This year's venue is bigger, hopefully the car park won't feel so cramped and it won't be such a mission getting from the pits to the track.  Also, as much as I've come to love A1 Racing Club for my Revival memories, I won't miss the damage its rocky surface does to the floor of my awning, I won't miss scratching my legs on thistles, I won't miss slipping the salty smell of the astroturf substrate and, gods dammit, I will not miss those godsdammed thunderbugs.

Of course the new venue is really not that far from the old one, so there's still the potential of having to spend all weekend scraping miniature insect bodies off any exposed areas. 

Top tip: bring insect repellant :D 

Il take being covered in insects if it doesn’t rain and the wind is below 50mph this year!