KEV THE REV

Lunchie / Ultima front conversion plus widened rear track

I spoke about this in another thread . I've transplanted a vintage Kyosho Ultima 1 front beam into a Lunchie chassis and widened the rear track by 8mm per side, and I have to say that I think it is better than the FX conversion . The front was pretty straight foreward , 2 bolts into the LB's D part at the front , bolted through the LB's A parts arm retainer and fabbed up 2 tie rod / braces to the rear of the beam (these aren't really needed as the first 3 bolts hold this rock steady !! . I bushed out the Kyosho 4mm knuckles to take a 3mm bolt to use the LB's steering parts . I fitted 2 Wild One front lower damper brackets to hold the dampers . I'm waiting on oil dampers so these in the pic are just old stuff I had knocking around , and it will wear chrome WW2 wheels and tyres .The front track ended up really wide , which is good and I will try it out like that , but for now I've fitted M/Bull wheels to reduce the front track and match the rear . The rear track has been widened by 8mm per side by a simple re-drilling of the axle shaft for the drive pin and fitting the Tamiya alu hex drives adapters and fitting - for now - Mad Bull wheels front and rear , the rear axle gap is filled with an 8mm spacer , wheels held on by 15mm barrell nuts . AMpro trans brace fitted , rear deck braces fitted and front brace bar fitted .

ultima conv.JPG

ultima conversion .JPG

ultima 6.JPG

• Like 4

Nice to see the fruits of your labour! This must be the year of the Lunchbox front end conversion!

• Haha 2

The servo is in the original position , it hasn't been changed from stock , but the whole front arm assembly is not stock , it is now a 'double wishbone 'suspension , like the FX10 and AMpro conversions

• Thanks 1

Looks great Kev.

I’ll be able to get to the PO tomorrow lunch time for you. 

Sod’s law I picked up a cheap WW2 last night 😂