Sign in to follow this  
BBB Spread

Konghead Tires - After Market

Any recommendations for a replacement tire for a basher? I'm think the chevrons work great, but I thought I might try something new.

Not sure there's much in the way of alternatives, nothing from Tamiya springs to mind - The KH uses Lunchbox wheels so any Lunchbox-friendly tires will fit.

There's a few on eBay, but they are supplied with wheels too, so not sure how the diameters etc compare; https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Truck-Tires-for-TAMIYA-CW-01-Chassis-Lunch-Box-Midnight-Pumpkin-4pcs-/142032130703

There's a few Konghead tires advertised on eBay, but they're actually 2.2" inner diameter and I think KH wheels are only about 1.9"

I don not know any specific tire replacement, but since this is a 12mm hex, any wheel/tire combination with sufficient diameter should just about fit?

Like was done in this thread:

You have to be careful with the diameter of the wheels because the center and rear wheels are fairly close together. Especially if you have it set up with rear steering.

They do those tyres on a monster pin as well. I think they would look good.

6 of anything is going to get expensive though

Those monster pins versions of the chevron pattern also come in a softer compound.

For what it's worth, I have seen a few videos of kongheads using takeoffs from a trx4. Those are 114mm od as standard and seemed to fit ok, or at least you would have to pick up one heck of a stone to jam the rear tires up.