ZanderThePanda

Old School vs New

I found my old Terra Scorcher (not sure where the body shell went but found an old Thunder Dragon one) in my parents loft which up there at Christmas.  A new A5 part and a new battery got her going straight away.

We headed out to the nearest car park on Saturday with my boy’s new christmas present which we’ve hopped up with a sport tuned, new gearing (68/19) and a few blingy bits.

I put my Garmin GPS watch on them and I was suprised by the reults. The Neo clocked about 18mph whilst the [28] year old un-modded/thrashed to an inch of it’s life Terra Scorcher hit about 16mph.

E9A7DF34-2D68-4F6B-B140-27270D1A2271.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The sad part is, I'd wager on an actual off-road course, the Terra Scorcher would out-perform the Neo Scorcher as well. We've gone from buggies that could handle true off road to ones that are converted touring cars in 28 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Saito2 said:

We've gone from buggies that could handle true off road to ones that are converted touring cars in 28 years.

Hi.

4.jpg

It's just the TT02Bs and DF02 (which really should have been a TT01B, sharing most of its driveline components) that are converted touring cars. When you look at the DB02 or the DT03 they're fully functional buggies, not converted on-road cars.

9 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

Hi.

4.jpg

It's just the TT02Bs and DF02 (which really should have been a TT01B, sharing most of its driveline components) that are converted touring cars. When you look at the DB02 or the DT03 they're fully functional buggies, not converted on-road cars.

Hi. Sorry if I wasn't being specific enough. When I said "buggies" (or more specifically, when I said "ones") in my reply, I was referring to the TT02B buggies referenced in this thread from my previous sentence. Again, I apologize if my statement added to anyone's confusion.

I prefer the old buggies better than the new ones, BUT the TT02B is actually closer to the modern race buggies than I first realised.  As an example dirt tracks are dying and people race indoors on carpet (touring cars with bumps) - now people modify them to allow a lower ride-height and one of my major complaints about the TT02B is the ride-height is too low.  The TT02B turns better and out handles the old buggies in the right conditions, they just aren't the conditions I would rather run on.  And they don't jump.

Back to the original post though, thats really cool you can run your old car with your son now.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, ZanderThePanda said:

I found my old Terra Scorcher (not sure where the body shell went but found an old Thunder Dragon one) in my parents loft which up there at Christmas.  A new A5 part and a new battery got her going straight away.

We headed out to the nearest car park on Saturday with my boy’s new christmas present which we’ve hopped up with a sport tuned, new gearing (68/19) and a few blingy bits.

I put my Garmin GPS watch on them and I was suprised by the reults. The Neo clocked about 18mph whilst the [28] year old un-modded/thrashed to an inch of it’s life Terra Scorcher hit about 16mph.

E9A7DF34-2D68-4F6B-B140-27270D1A2271.jpeg

Swap the wheels and the Terra Scorcher will go 18 mph    :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Swap the wheels and the Terra Scorcher will go 18 mph    :D

It needs a **** good strip down and rebuild. It’ll probbaly do over 20mph when done!