dannymulder

hello I am new on this forum

Hello I am new here.

I started 3 years ago with the hobby, the first car that I bought was a grasshopper, I bought that car because a know the tamiya brand from my childhood, and because it was not expensive to try out of I like the hobby.
And yes I like it alot, then I bought a second car Tamiya wt-01 and before I know I was hooked, the first 2 years I bought 16 rc cars and a lot of hopups and other rc stuff,spend a lot of money.

The past  year I decided to slow things down and not want to buy all the bargians, I sold 5 rc cars and trow away 2 cars in the bin after I get al the useful parts out of them.

The cars that I own now are a grasshopper, wt-01,sand scorcher, boomerang, gf-01 dumptruck, cc-01, zahhak, and a serpent spider srx2 short course truck and a big 1/8 basher nitro circus mt monster truck.

the cars that I sold are 2 tt-01, xv-01, dt-02 holiday buggy, and a cc-01.

Fore some years I am reading this forum and it helpt me with some issues and nice mods, for some cars have some mods and fixes that I like to share with you guys, thats why I jioned this forum now.

• Like 7

Hi! I'm not the oldest hand here, but welcome nonetheless!

Sounds like ypu have quite the garage. What model Grasshopper was it, a I or a II? I had a a GHI as my first car over thirty years ago, but I am currently rebuilding a GHII. You can't go wrong with them, really. I think they're great cars.

Welcome to the forum :) lots of info and friendly people here

16 hours ago, Yalson said:

Hi! I'm not the oldest hand here, but welcome nonetheless!

Sounds like ypu have quite the garage. What model Grasshopper was it, a I or a II? I had a a GHI as my first car over thirty years ago, but I am currently rebuilding a GHII. You can't go wrong with them, really. I think they're great cars.

It was a grasshopper 1, The first rc car that I bought marui golden eagle cj7 when I was 16 but in that days I drove it a few times and then trade  it for a mounten bike, then I lost interst in rc, and started again at the age of 40

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dannymulder said:

It was a grasshopper 1, The first rc car that I bought marui golden eagle cj7 when I was 16 but in that days I drove it a few times and then trade  it for a mounten bike, then I lost interst in rc, and started again at the age of 40

Ha ha! Would that have been a Marui CJ7 Eagle? If so, that is quite a coincidence as my first car was a Grasshopper I, followed shortly afterwards by a Marui Toyota Land Cruiser, which was identical to the CJ7 apart from the body.

317330181_MaruiToyotaLandCruiser.jpg.79f7cf349d6717f1e33a0720eba8086b.jpg

Looks like I was away from the hobby for about the same length of time, too. I still have a lot of the racing gear I had back in the day, but rather than ruin potentially valuable vintage equipment teaching myself to drive again, I have started from scratch with a GH2 chassis that has been kicking around in my garage for the last 25 years or so.

GH2.thumb.jpg.f0206bc838eed695fae27da62e647139.jpg

• Like 1