dannymulder

txt-2 agrios parts

for a long time I am looking at the txt-2 agrios truck, I like the looks of it and want to build one, but when I look on the web there are not so many spare parts floating around.

The car is not discontined, so why are there so little spare parts for it, thats why I still have not bought it, I dont't want a car where I can't get parts for.

And I think that when I buy it I am going to be dissapointed whit it, I al ready have a big 1/8 monster truck with 180 mm tires on 4s lipo that I can drive like grazy whitout breaking.

So what are your thoughts about it guys

I got a txt 2 almost a year ago. At the time i didnt know that parts could be difficult to find. Since the summer i have acquired a bunch of spares for it  such as 2 full sets of axle gears, 2 sets of drive shafts, steering knuckles and a few trees of plastic parts. They are out there just not as plentiful. 

The truck is a great build and fun to drive. The only other negatives with it are the non clod tires, which i changed out,it does not come with a full set of bearings which is ridiculous for the price and the rods for the steering/steering lockout arent durable.  So i bought a txt set of bearings on ebay for $30, i think i was short 12-14 in various sizes. I orginally had 2 superstock rz  motors  in it which were ok but recently swapped them out and added a castle 3800kv sct combo. I also added heavy duty rods. 

If you understand it's limitations and don't overdo it with the power I dont think you'll be disappointed at all, I love the Agrios.  The truck is very durable under stock power and even under mildly upgraded power.  I ran mine with a 1/8 scale Castle system for a few years on 2-3s and never really had an issue.  Not sure if I'd buy a new one as to me the expense is not worth having to replace the body and wheels/tires right away, but if they dont bother you go for it.

It is definitely hard finding parts, but if you drive it within reason you shouldnt have any issues.  Diff parts are really the only thing I've had trouble finding.  

I just bought a TXT2 kit myself and saw what seemed like a lack of parts.  Through a combination of Tamiya USA and eBay i was able to get enough spares to rebuild the axles should I blow something up so they are out there.  If you are in Europe, Tamico had most spares readily available.

Or you could do it  the Tamiya Club way and just order two kits.  One to build and one for parts.  I will admit I have done this more than once.

Thank you guys for your input, but I am going to pass on the truck, the kit is 300 euro at tamico then I want to change wheel and tyres is another 90 euro then I have to buy a lot of spare parts before they dry up so maybe 100 euro or so for spares,  almost 500 euro without bearings and esc servo and motor thats way to expensive.

no offence, for that kind of money I could buy a nice rtr 1/8 scale  truck.

yesterday I bought a brand new bullhead for 166 euro, I know it is a different animal then the argrios, but I don't have to buy spare partst and there a lot of aftermarket parts for it , so thats going to be my next project.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I got a txt 2 almost a year ago. At the time i didnt know that parts could be difficult to find. Since the summer i have acquired a bunch of spares for it  such as 2 full sets of axle gears, 2 sets of drive shafts, steering knuckles and a few trees of plastic parts. They are out there just not as plentiful. 

The truck is a great build and fun to drive. The only other negatives with it are the non clod tires, which i changed out,it does not come with a full set of bearings which is ridiculous for the price and the rods for the steering/steering lockout arent durable.  So i bought a txt set of bearings on ebay for $30, i think i was short 12-14 in various sizes. I orginally had 2 superstock rz  motors  in it which were ok but recently swapped them out and added a castle 3800kv sct combo. I also added heavy duty rods. 

How's the Castle SCT combo in the TXT-2? That was one way I thought of going.

14 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

How's the Castle SCT combo in the TXT-2? That was one way I thought of going.

So far so good but i have only run 3-4 batteries through it. I used a 15t pinion and turned the punch all the way down with the timing at normal. It is faster with more torque but doesnt pull crazy wheelies with 2s. It may pull off the ground slightly. Hopefully the gears last. 

A clod based truck is a must have if just for the experience, especially if a Bullhead can be found so reasonably. The axles and transmission of the Agrios are both derivative TXT-1 parts if I am not mistaken, everything else is quite stout, chassis is aluminum as standard, links are metal, plastic shocks but they are are good as is. When searching for spares, you  may have better luck if less descriptive and find more from the TXT, but then I'm just guessing.

Anyway, I adore mine, I even grew to like the body and wheels though I have several sets I can swap in if terrain dictates. It's definitely a different drive than a clod based truck.  Of my three monsters the Agrios is the one I go for first. Stock motors on 3s LiPo is more than enough power though I too have a 1/8 Mamba X to go in once I need more, not there quite yet though as the truck is still less than two months old. 

• Thanks 1