Karimels

Jumped back into it after 20 years! (2016 Blackfoot)

On 3/31/2019 at 2:58 PM, Jason1145 said:

I'm hoping this is a good happy medium... all stock on 2s lipo, I wonder if it's held up to this day and how many runs are on it @Theibault

Sure has. It's funny as I have an MIP diff for it, but haven't bothered installing it as it runs fine. I just need to rebuild the shocks as they are not performing so well these days lol. I have no clue how many packs I've put through it though but it's got to be at least 40. Probably should look at the pinion as I used the stock one so I'm sure I have a gearbox full of grey goo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theibault said:

Sure has. It's funny as I have an MIP diff for it, but haven't bothered installing it as it runs fine. I just need to rebuild the shocks as they are not performing so well these days lol. I have no clue how many packs I've put through it though but it's got to be at least 40. Probably should look at the pinion as I used the stock one so I'm sure I have a gearbox full of grey goo.

That's good to hear mate, you reckon the stock pinion will still be eaten up on a silver can because I might run the stock pinion too if I don't already have a hardened one in my spares.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theibault said:

Probably should look at the pinion as I used the stock one so I'm sure I have a gearbox full of grey goo.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

you reckon the stock pinion will still be eaten up on a silver can

Doesn't the re-release come with a long brass pinion like the original? If so, no worries. The brass pinions last much longer the the aluminum ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

Doesn't the re-release come with a long brass pinion like the original? If so, no worries. The brass pinions last much longer the the aluminum ones.

Give Saito a cigar... you jogged my memory and when I went back to check to photos on EBay of my purchase there's a long brass pinion sitting loose next to the silver can :)

On 4/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, Re-Bugged said:

^_^ hoping nothing’s stripped for you too. But maybe why he sold it??

Brat body should fit the BF chassis with the right posts as it was on an ORV chassis for the Mud Blaster. :)

I'm really tempted to get this!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Subaru-Brat-58384-Body-Transparent-Decals-Stickers-1825474-9495507/264244363527?hash=item3d86310107:g:pkAAAOSwgPBb2Y-j

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Have you bought it yet? If not, grab a beer after putying your daughter to bed and look again...and if that doesn't do it get another beer...and another...

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Have you bought it yet? If not, grab a beer after putying your daughter to bed and look again...and if that doesn't do it get another beer...and another...

Lol I'm doing well and have resisted... now I'm glad I don't really drink beers that often ( none stocked in the house anyway) as I'd soon be homeless... and drunk too ( but what a collection of Tamiya I'd have for company.. and a Brat shell)

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2019 at 2:36 AM, Saito2 said:

Shows how much I was paying attention. I'm so used to the butter soft aluminum ones in kits.

• Haha 1