Sign in to follow this  
Yalson

Radient Mistral charger issues.

Hello,

I recently bought a Radient Mistral multi-chemistry battery charger to power my return to the hobby. I just now got round to trying to charge the Schumacher 3000mah NiMH battery I bought for the first time and after carefully following the instructions on how to do it (attach charger to mains, attach charge cable to charger, attach cells to charge cable, select 'NiMH/NiCd', select 3A, press button to charge) all seemed to be going well.

But after about 15 minutes the charger gave a tiny beep and switched off. Not a beep to say "I'm done", it just died. The lights have gone off on the charger and I now cannot get it to come back on. Battery is cool to the touch, connections all seem sound, mains and cable are fine. It just stopped working.

I am presuming I am going to have to take it back and exchange it for a new one, but before I do does anyone know if I am just being a dope and missing a reset switch or some other process to get it working again that I just don't know about?

I've swapped out the fuse and the mains cable but it hasn't sorted the problem, so I am guessing it is a technical issue with the charger. Ho hum. Looks like no RC for me until I can visit my not-so-local model shop again next week and get it changed.

Why does the universe not want me to start driving again?