Sign in to follow this  
oldtimernola

super champ steering set up on a sand scorcher parts

Hi there, I have an ad looking for parts to do conversion on my re-re scorcher. I got a good bit of slop out with stiffer rods and dubro connectors.  It seems that the stock servo saver hits front cross bar at full right turn and limits it.  I have read about this conversion on this site so I plan on doing it. I am close but want to make sure I get every part required correct.  I plan on keeping radio box so I will have to travel the body post mount "route" for the conversion.

Parts I need are:

1. Vintage Sand Scorcher body post

2. Super Champ servo saver set up

3. Vintage Rough Rider body post

As I understand it the vintage SS post goes right on top of vintage RR post, servo saver installed as per normal.  How do the post stay together? Am I missing any part of this conversion.

Thanks guys for any advise,

Regards,

LJT III

On a vintage Sand Scrocher body post, there's a 3mm grub screw at the bottom - this tightens against the RR body post

image.png

I don't believe the Rough Rider body post will fit the Super Champ servo saver, I use a Super Champ Body post (vintage/rere/or remade) with the vintage Sand Scorcher mount.

The Sand Scorcher mount has a small grub screw that is tightened on the Super Champ body post.

Rich

Twinset beat me to it!! 

• Like 1

Ok Thanks,  I read something about a vintage RR post in the conversion which confused me because it would have used the sand scorcher saver.  So I need vintage Super Champ post or a re-re/fighting buggy post.

thank you guys so much,

LJT III

Anyone have a part number for the super champ post or the fighting buggy(rere) post?  These seem hard to find.  Haven't found any for sale.

thanks

1 hour ago, Finman said:

I don't believe the Rough Rider body post will fit the Super Champ servo saver,

That is why I designed the custom post ;)

• Like 1

Thank you guys so much.  I'm looking for the only part I need now which is the elusive Super Champ post.

thanks all again...If anyone sees one point me there:)

Cheers

LJT III

Hi LJT III

Let me check, I think I have a spare - may even be one of Kev the Rev's custom one's.

Where about's in the world are you?

Rich