Juls1

Where do I put a shock comparison thread.

It happens that I have on hand NIP buggy dampers, 

DT03 damper set

CVA buggy damper set

DF03 Alloy damper set

Aeration buggy dampers

TRF big bore Aeration Dampers

Egress Hicap Dampers

what I was thinking was doing a comparison thread, but I’m not sure where to put it on the forum where it’ll be the most help. 

Ideas?

Juls

• Like 3

What about thay build sub-forum? A comparison on shock types would be a sticky thread right? No pressure, but you know, do a good job...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What about thay build sub-forum? A comparison on shock types would be a sticky thread right? 

This please, would be a great source of info. Never seen a proper direct comparison 😁

Yeah, I figure general will have more initial exposure, my concern with some other areas not many people would find it (not that, that would really matter) 

im wondering if I shouldn’t pickup a few of the common aftermarket sets to add in there, like yeah racing/3racing sets??? Maybe not.. have to wait longer then. 

5 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Yeah, I figure general will have more initial exposure, my concern with some other areas not many people would find it (not that, that would really matter) 

im wondering if I shouldn’t pickup a few of the common aftermarket sets to add in there, like yeah racing/3racing sets??? Maybe not.. have to wait longer then. 

Instead of the aftermarket, there should bee the sleeved dampers from the Dyna Storm. That´s a significant step for Tamiya dampers, too.

• Like 1

Well believe it or not I can actually do that.... but they are re re ones, not sure how different they where. 

how far do we go here though, I can’t easily get my hands on a DF02 alloy shock set, so that will be missing plus any of the other sets that are discontinued and not readily available nip.

1 hour ago, Juls1 said:

how far do we go here though, I can’t easily get my hands on a DF02 alloy shock set, so that will be missing plus any of the other sets that are discontinued and not readily available nip.

How do you plan/want to do the comparisons? What are you actually comparing and what tests if any are going to be a part of the process?

Assuming an easily replicated by others process how about deciding a set process that others can follow and can add to with the shocks that are missing if they own them.

Maybe put up a list of the shocks you’d like to add but don’t own/can’t get. 

I’ll be purely comparing construction/dimensions, as I’ve use most before many of the optional shocks Ive found have vastly different dimensions to the original kit dampers. 

I suppose I’ll make some observations about my thoughts of how something might be better than another.