Although this truck has zero Tamiya in it, I thought it might be cool to show you guys.  I built this a few months ago an a whim and it's rapidly becoming one of my favorite RCs.  I found the yellow Fastlane 1/6 Hummer body at a flea market for $40 and thought the detail was pretty nice so figured I'd grab it for a future project.  I've always liked H1s and have built numerous Tamiya M1025s and just thought the 1/6 was so cool and absolutely massive (You can see how the body started in the first photo, that's a 1/10 Tamiya TA02 Hummer on the roof rack!).

Decided the truck had to be independent suspension like a real H1.  I have seen guys make hobby grade chassis for 1/6 scale bodies before, but it's usually with an Axial frame and solid axles, that just wasn't going to work here.  I ended up using a 1/10 Traxxas Summit chassis, lengthened it about 2.25" and kept the 2-speed trans and locking diffs.  Also had to use shorter control arms and axle shafts as the 1/10 Summit arms are way too wide.  It's powered by a Dewalt 820 drill motor (this thing is huge, tons of torque) and a Castle Mambe Monster ESC.  

I modified the yellow wagon body to look like more of a hobby-grade body and added full LED lights.  I then came across another body pretty cheap and decided to make a 4-door hardtop version.  I also modified this and it has full LEDs.  The tires are the absolute largest scale 2.2 tires I could find - JConcepts Scorpios.  They are about 6" tall.  

Most of my RC time is spent on the trails and in the mud mostly running my TA02 Hummers, Clods, TXTs, and CR01s.  This truck is an entirely different beast.  Obstacles that before seemed insurmountable are just soaked up under the fully independent suspension.  If it does get in trouble I can lock the diffs independently or lock the transmission in low.  I still enjoy running all of my trucks, but this thing is absolutely awesome and looks so realistic when out on the trails.  

Even though it's not a Tamiya I'm really proud of the truck and thought you guys would think it's cool.  If anyone fancies building one and needs any tips just let me know, would be more than happy to help. 

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_5012.JPG

IMG_5006.JPG

• Like 2

Now, that is seriously awesome.  More pics, including the chassis, please?  

amazing!!!! I couldn't physically build it as my hobby area is too small.:(

Lc2 that's a good looking truck, especially the rear view where you can see the suspension. As one who has spent plenty of years around HMMWVs, I had to look twice.

Tony

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'll post some photos of the chassis soon.  Just two bodies, the tan looks a bit different outside and in my garage.  In person the inside shot is more like the actual color, not sure why it looks so washed out in the outside photos.

Thanks Tony, I've always loved the H1s and HMMWVs.  I'm definitely glad I went with the independent suspension, would not have looked right with solid axles.