geniusanthony

Dynahead 6x6, well mostly... Bruder Actros Dakar build

56 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Love the video. I have a dynahead on order and am planning using a Unimog cab and a custom flat bed. Early in the build you mentioned tamiya Unimog wheels and tyres. Did they fit around the portals ok? Did you not like the look of them or just liked the look of the others? The ones that you ended up with are they the humvee beadlocks like the ones rc4wd stock? What tyres did you end up using? Sorry for so many questions :huh::huh: once again loved the build.

The stock 406/425 plastic mog wheels are what I ended up with as I had 8. Two got melted when I was drying them after cleaning for paint, oops.😁

The first set of beadlocks I tried were the rc4wd tarantula wheels. They rubbed very very slightly. Plastic 1.9s normal offset fit perfect. 

Tires are 114mm Chinese eBay tires. The brand that everyone is using on bruiser clones. EDIT, Austar brand

Follow up video will address many questions. 

What other questions can you think of that may need answering?

Those wheels look great and boy are they cheaper than Humvee's:(. When you went brushless did you use stock pinion size?

I did, 20t I believe. There is a slight amount of cogging at low speed that makes me think that I need to get a comparably fast sensored motor. Otherwise, going down to an 18t may get a similar result and would still be plenty quick.

As is, if I don't turn off 4ws the truck can be a bit tippy at speed the way it is set up now.

I think I'll stick with stock to start with. I have a 4 channel radio but it has no mixing on it so may construct as 4ws but lock steering. For a later date. Bit like using the front subframe of an old mini to produce a rear engine/rear wheel drive vehicle!

Do you by any chance have link to tires. I only seem to be able to find 103 or 110 mm in 1.9's. you mention 114mm?

yes have gone for the plastic unimogs. Gone with 110mm tires as i think it will look better with what im planning

Awesome build!

I used a 1/16 Ural Cab for mine, with some 103mm wheels so i could still have 4WS

On 5/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, geniusanthony said:

The stock 406/425 plastic mog wheels are what I ended up with as I had 8. Two got melted when I was drying them after cleaning for paint, oops.😁

The first set of beadlocks I tried were the rc4wd tarantula wheels. They rubbed very very slightly. Plastic 1.9s normal offset fit perfect. 

Tires are 114mm Chinese eBay tires. The brand that everyone is using on bruiser clones. EDIT, Austar brand

Follow up video will address many questions. 

What other questions can you think of that may need answering?

I got a konghead i bought a bruder shell aswell where did you get the tilt bracket from as i am looking to do that.  Thanks  Martin 

On 6/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, porky said:

I got a konghead i bought a bruder shell aswell where did you get the tilt bracket from as i am looking to do that.  Thanks  Martin 

I designed and printed it. Video footage has been made. I will update this thread once editryd and posted. 

Currently overseas for work but getting there when time is available.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:23 AM, porky said:

• Like 1