nowinaminute

Finally got a Nikko Dandy Dash but it's a bit of a dog!

On 2/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, 1Zook said:

Thanks for your help on my Super Sprint thread Nowinaminute. Good to see you making some progress after getting a bum deal. How cool are these Nikkos? :)

Really cool! Some of their "toy grade" stuff is really just hobby grade in disguise, that's why I like Nikko so much but these things are on another level. I'm really enjoying the rebuild so far.

Front gearbox mated with chassis, upper shock mounts and metal braces installed:

UGwV7jd.jpg

And now I'm off to bed!

Shock, bumper, electronics cover and wheels on and she's getting near completion!

MItNlP8.jpg

e1AWxmV.jpg

• Like 1

The springs are a teeny bit too firm as it stands so I think I may put all the old electronics back in as ballast to get the weight back to where it should be.

There's room in the tub to sneakily hide the new ESC and receiver. I might even use a splitter on the throttle channel so the throttle servo still moves. 

I need to get some more de-solv-it graffiti remover for the shell now. The philistines at work pinched mine to actually clean real graffiti up with, unbelievable!

Hi,

Looks like a good restoration so far.

I have lots of parts for these buggies. I have restored several of them too. Parts do break easily and deform. With regards to the transmission, the outdrives are susceptible to wear.

If you need parts pm me. I might be able to help.

Naushad

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:23 AM, GTodd said:

That's a Nikko???? Was that sold in the states?

It was!

And they were sold off at ridiculously low prices when the stock got old both in the US and Europe. If I had gotten into RC a few years earlier I could have picked some kits up for around £50

My First RC car was a red Nikko Lobo that i got on Christmas. I remember staring at it in the Sears Christmas catalog for hours. I wish I knew that they had made a hobby grade RC