KEV THE REV

Tamiya tyres on Tomahawk front wheels

Does anybody know which Tamiya tyres would fit onto Kyosho Tomahawk front wheels , I'm thinking DT02 type ?

13 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Does anybody know which Tamiya tyres would fit onto Kyosho Tomahawk front wheels , I'm thinking DT02 type ?

Hi Kev. No Tamiya tire will fit the Tomahawk's front wheels. Or at least they won't fit the original vintage wheel, which is what I have in here. The re-re ones can be different.

The Holiday Buggy DT02 tires I have in here are much taller, and larger inner dia. Also, the way the Kyosho tires go around the wheels is not at all like anything Tamiya ever did. Different worlds indeed!

• Like 1

Thanks Erich . I've put up a wanted ad for the original Sand Supers ;) . I think there were some repro tyres put out some years back , not sure if they were these type ? .

Im pretty sure the re re ones are the same size, at least thats what i thought when i was going to order spares.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Now purchased 

Have you got vintage ones or re-res? It would be good to know if the new ones fit the original rims.

Also, I'm going to call a buddy here tonight to ask about the damper dia. info you needed. So I hope to get back to you in a couple of hours.

I've got vintage tyres , not the re-re with the 'Goodyear' logo on them . Pretty sure the re-re tyres fit the original rims . Thanks for the damper help Erich

• Like 1

Change of tyre , these are now the ones with Goodyear on them . Does anyone have the 2014 re-re rear tyres SCT002 , and do they have Goodyear on them as I can't see it printed on the eBay pics but it is shown on the model and box art , cheers

Seems that the spares packs of rear tyres don't have the Goodyear logo on them . The front tyres do . I've ordered some lettering to add the Goodyear myself - hope it works .

11 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Seems that the spares packs of rear tyres don't have the Goodyear logo on them . The front tyres do . I've ordered some lettering to add the Goodyear myself - hope it works .

That’s a shame, look forward to see the results

Tyre decals arrived today , will try and get them applied tomorrow . I need to trim the radius in as the decal diameter is slightly bigger than the Kyosho tyre but it looks do-able

Fitted the tyre decals , with some cutting and re-shaping they worked out fine .  I also fitted a front debris plate

P3080001.JPG

P3080002.JPG

• Like 1

I got these . :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-1-14-SCANIA-MAN-VOLVO-HAULERS-truck-stickers-for-wheels-tyres-GOOD-YEAR/283399101527?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I've used his decals before on my Lunchbox tyres . I had to re-shape the letter curving to fit the tyre , but it was almost there to start with :)

• Thanks 1