nowinaminute

Here's what my grasshopper gears looked like after 2 years of brushless and 20 minutes in an ultrasonic cleaner.

7dA6Oes.jpg

Impressive! Got to be one of the toughest boxes out there, especially one with all nylon gears.

I think making sure dirt cant get in plays an important role too.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

They look so good, you make me want to get an ultrasonic tub.  

Those gears look amazing.

I just bought a Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner last week and used it on some old oil/dirt caked metal shocks. They look fantastic. Makes cleaning stuff fun.

maybe I want an ultrasonic cleaner to, I looks easier then cleaning with brushes and brake cleaner to get the old crease off.

Absolutely buy an ultrasonics cleaner. I got one too, and its so much easier and faster to the toothbrush. One of my best buys ever!

They are great, I only have a cheap one from Lidl but it is has been excellent. I find adding Flash/Mr clean works very well.

Wow, cant believe I'v never heard of these before.  Just ordered one from Amazon, this should make my once per year cleaning of my trail trucks a lot more fun than using an old toothbrush...

Same here, cheap one from ebay, gets used a lot with dishwasher powder and water. The maximum time mine will run is 8 minutes, so I just keep restarting it when it finishes.

Impressive! It says good things about the design of the gears, and your point about minimizing dirt ingress is completely relevant, too - foreign contaminants can really shorten the life of a gearbox's internals.

The picture says good things about ultrasonic cleaners, too!