Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Modified/custom grasshoppers

42 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

That, sir, is one mean, agressive stance for a humble GH2. You can actually see the handling improvement in the picture :D

Thanks. It was more of "I wonder if can graft a Thundershot gearbox onto the axle pivot?" type idea and a fun winter construction project. I hoped to get a slightly nicer handling chassis to justify having a GH2 for more than just that I love the shell. I am not one for shelf queens. For a bag of vintage bits held together with a couple of 3d printed parts and some home made brackets it's moves amazingly well. But then the fundamentals are pretty good: mid motor 2 gear transmission, longitudinal, quite well forward battery, pretty light. I love it. 

On 2/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, geniusanthony said:

Not mine but I really like this one, don't know what parts are in it though, I saved this several months ago and forgot about it until now.

4c70c86db941c2855e166e4210ffea98.jpg.6eceac19ca5f26185bfd2b608f56aa40.jpg

My first hobby grade RC car was a Grasshopper, I would love to put one together like this that could get round a modern track well :-)

If you want get a bunch of detail on the Azarashi car there are a bunch of other blogs. Just open in chrome and click translate. Some amazing information. 

http://teamazarashi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-246.html?sp

Gearbox internals have a slipper clutch and wild willy 2 diff

This one is a running video, but he is complaining about lack of rear suspension travel and traction with the short dampers

http://teamazarashi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-275.html?sp

On this one he makes some new suspension arm blocks which double as shock tower mount and put a taller tower and long shock on it. 

http://teamazarashi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-264.html?sp

• Like 2

Hey guys not happy with this topic:P, now i want a modified hopper to, so I am going to do a fusion build.

I tear down my hopper and my zahhak, and started on this new project the trf grasshopper.

I ordered a new grasshopper chassis for this build and a new fire dragon body, the pink body with barbie has to go, it was my wifes car. but she ran it 2 times.

Today I started with a home made gearbox mount, its not finished yet.

IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7068.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Cool! Looks like its going to be pretty wide.

Its not, I going to use normal wheels with no offset the hubs and kuckles are inside of the wheels.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, S-PCS said:

Interesting... @dannymulder, could you tell me what brand those tires (the rear ones, on the right) are? 

Screenshot_20190223-214051.png

they are proline speed paw tires, but they are discontuned

Told myself I have enough projects and cars, but seeing such a modified hopper, and knowing I still have a DT-03 gearbox and front suspension left over..... Aaargh the itch starts again! :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

Told myself I have enough projects and cars, but seeing such a modified hopper, and knowing I still have a DT-03 gearbox and front suspension left over..... Aaargh the itch starts again! :lol: 

Nice parts to start the project:D, I am almost done with it, I used my zahhak for it, that has the same trackwide as a dt-03.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

Nice parts to start the project:D, I am almost done with it, I used my zahhak for it, that has the same trackwide as a dt-03.

PICS!!! :lol:

Edit: they are already there.... :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

PICS!!! :lol:

Edit: they are already there.... :ph34r:

When the car is finished I post pictures of it, in a tread.

The pictures I post here was the Idea of it, and pictures of the front end in the what you have done today tread.