KEV THE REV

Ultima MSC battery connector

On my Ultima 1 the MSC has the same 7.2 Tamiya style battery connector end as a stick battery so I can't fit a battery . I made an adapter to make it work , but has anyone come across this? , the manual shows the Kyosho battery with the same end connector as Tamiya MSc's , so it is all in reverse as it were and I've not seen a Kyosho battery with the end fitting that I need - has anyone seen one ? . Thanks .

Yep I remember this from BITD. I had a Kyosho battery in my Boomerang and needed the adaptor. A friend had the Kyosho Outrage and the same battery and obviously didn't need the adaptor. I have no idea what Kyosho use now as I only have their race kits which obviously don't come with ESC.

Thanks JG . So did the Kyosho battery on your Boomer fit onto a Kyosho MSC without any adapter ?, the battery had the end that Tamiya MSC's had  . The manual shows the clips just fitting together . It seems wierd that Kyosho would make an MSC and battery with totally the opposite clip set up to most other RC items out there . Thanks for your help .

On 2/23/2019 at 11:24 PM, KEV THE REV said:

Thanks JG . So did the Kyosho battery on your Boomer fit onto a Kyosho MSC without any adapter ?, the battery had the end that Tamiya MSC's had  . The manual shows the clips just fitting together . It seems wierd that Kyosho would make an MSC and battery with totally the opposite clip set up to most other RC items out there . Thanks for your help .

Yes it did, that was on the earlier ones.  My friends Outrage was from about 1993 I think and that had the plugs the other way around from Tamiya.

I have Kyosho Mantis sitting on my shelf with the original MSC which would be from about 1995 and that has the plug the same way as Tamiya's and I used to run a Tamiya battery in that, so they changed sometime between 1993 and 1995 I guess.

• Thanks 1

Vaguely remember something like that, think I chopped it off and put bullets on. Didn't take long for the msc to wear out though, and got replaced with a 112b esc.

• Like 2

Thanks guys . The Ultima is more a shelfer but it does run and I would like to have the correct battery on it if I could get one , even if it's just for show .

3 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

I would like to have the correct battery on it if I could get one , even if it's just for show .

You can just solder/crimp on a male plug to a battery (one lead at a time, to avoid shorts).

I'm sure you can get heat shrink and/or battery stickers , to mark a nimh to look like an old nicad.

• Thanks 1