hpergm

My new Willy...

Just finished my WW2.

Quite pleased in how it came out. Sprayed the body with Tamiya XF paint (don't remember the code, it's olive drab) to get rid of the toyish (on a Willy..?!) plastic sheen. Then the roll cage looked plasticky/fake in comparison. Out came a car underbody rubberised rust protection rattle can. Results were great: good sticking, great texture, tough on the rolls. Just masked out the light buckets on the top to maintain their plastic gloss. Hope this trick may prove useful to the fellow Willy builders.

20190217_145808.jpg

• Like 5

Some more pics. A very subtle weathering was also made with a Silver marker. That's all nice until the first run.. 😈

20190217_145817.jpg

20190217_145910.jpg

• Like 4

Really nice WW2, the cage does look much better than regular painting. I can't see me running one of these, but he build looks fun, with a lot of scope for customisation. Are the tyres on back to front though?

4 hours ago, zomboided said:

Roll cage finish is really effective...do you have more info on exactly what paint you used?

Have a look.

Nothing special you cannot get in an autostore 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bromley said:

Really nice WW2, the cage does look much better than regular painting. I can't see me running one of these, but he build looks fun, with a lot of scope for customisation. Are the tyres on back to front though?

Good catch - yes they are. Really spoils the grip and handling... (errr, the what?) 😃