Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Grasshopper wheels

w6rLff2.jpg

Ok, and sand scorcher wheels/tyres.

The greatest RC wheel/tyre combo ever? There is just something about these 😎

But, box art grasshopper, they look silver to me. Not chrome, but more silver than white.

Any thoughts on boxart grasshopper wheel colour? Dont think ive ever seen one with silver painted wheels.

(Yeah, im building a re re and these are re re wheels, but the question is about the box art and thats vintage, sort of)

Ive seen silver painted ones on a few cars, just cant recall ever seeing silver on a grasshopper despite them looking suspiciously silver on the box.

I don't think they look any more silver... silverer... silverish... you know what I mean, than for example Grasshopper 2, who's boxart makes the entire buggy look just about as silver as Grasshopper's boxart wheels. And since GH2 is known to be white, GH's wheels therefore must be, too. Unless GH2 was never supposed to be white. :wacko:

20190223_185147.jpg

20190223_185334.jpg

5 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

I don't think they look any more silver... silverer... silverish... you know what I mean, than for example Grasshopper 2, who's boxart makes the entire buggy look just about as silver as Grasshopper's boxart wheels. And since GH2 is known to be white, GH's wheels therefore must be, too. Unless GH2 was never supposed to be white. :wacko:

20190223_185147.jpg

20190223_185334.jpg

GH2 body does look white, wheels do look the same as the body, gh2 wheels do look the same as gh wheels, but gh wheels dont look the same as the body. GH body looks a slightly creamier white, wheels look to have a silvery tinge to me.

• Like 1

Actually, there's so much wrong with GH's boxart that you can't build a good case on it anyway. Chrome control arms and nerf bars for example, shape of the front bumper, and most of all, IRS. What's up with that? Seems pretty intricate, too, with a single trailing arm and Jaguar/Corvette type control arm/half shaft setup topped by a MacPherson-like shock/spring arrangement... And there seems to be a chrome air cleaner behind the driver. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 10:02 PM, S-PCS said:

Actually, there's so much wrong with GH's boxart that you can't build a good case on it anyway. Chrome control arms and nerf bars for example, shape of the front bumper, and most of all, IRS. What's up with that? Seems pretty intricate, too, with a single trailing arm and Jaguar/Corvette type control arm/half shaft setup topped by a MacPherson-like shock/spring arrangement... And there seems to be a chrome air cleaner behind the driver. 

Wasn't it based on a real car? Is that right or did I imagine it?

On 2/23/2019 at 4:02 PM, graemevw said:

w6rLff2.jpg

Ok, and sand scorcher wheels/tyres.

The greatest RC wheel/tyre combo ever? There is just something about these 😎

They look great but the grip is poor, they call it sand paddles, but there is no grip on the beach with these tires.

50 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

They look great but the grip is poor, they call it sand paddles, but there is no grip on the beach with these tires.

Im sure the grip levels are poor, but the car isnt fast.

I guess its like real cars though, the fun is in having more power than grip. These just mean i need less power :)