Sign in to follow this  
tamiya3speed

eBay Sales

Pretty regularly (at least once a month) for probably six months last year, I would get a notification for 10% or 15% off everything on eBay.  Now I don't think I have had one since the new year.  Has anybody else noticed this?  I have the app on the phone with notifications turned on, but still nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

Pretty regularly (at least once a month) for probably six months last year, I would get a notification for 10% or 15% off everything on eBay.  Now I don't think I have had one since the new year.  Has anybody else noticed this?  I have the app on the phone with notifications turned on, but still nothing.

They actually had a 15% off a few weeks ago. Next time I see one pop up, I'll post here. I never get a notification, I just stumble across it on the front ebay page.

• Like 1

Interesting topic.  I'm sure there is an algorithm for offering the coupon.  

I'm a very frequent ebay purchaser.  I've never gotten any coupon at all.  They figured that I don't need any more encouragement. (And they are right)   You might want to keep away from ebay.  The algorithm would feel anxious and send you a coupon.  I noticed that when I'm away from a certain game for several weeks, the next time I long on, they offer me 20%-50% off for something.  If I keep playing, no such thing.  

I am curious... if Tamiya_1971 posts a coupon, would that be universally usable?  It might not be applicable for a frequent purchaser.  

• Haha 1

I get them all the time, and just recently I've noticed a 10% off banner cross the top for the webpage on eBay and mobile app. However quite often its not 10% off everything, but selected goods, or there is a minimum spend. I suspect its because I browse eBay a lot, but don't buy.

I've noticed this with Flybuys too, we can bonus offers, so we get sent an offer via email that we have to activate, the offer is to spend a minimum amount to receive bonus flyby points. I've noticed that if I don't activate too many, they change the offer, usually upping it a bit.

• Like 1

I almost always notice on the ebay page in one of their banner ads. I have noticed a couple times on dealighted.com or some of the other "special online sale" sites on occasion where deals are posted. Usually after the sale has expired.

• Haha 1

Thanks all!  I wonder if something on my app has reconfigured so I'm not seeing the banner but sounds like it's just me.

As far as coupons, someone posted one up last year that I was able to use, so at the least some of them appear to carryover.

• Like 1

Very rarely do eBay issue a blanket discount now, most discount codes are usually tied to certain vendors on the site.

Their latest thing when things are slow is to offer sellers lower selling fees to list more items rather than discount for the buyer, also you can tell when not much is being listed by sellers as you'll suddenly be hit by an influx of items for sale from the .com site where they've toggled any new listings to automatically list internationally (by default this is usually switched off).

15% off until 7PM PT if you use the ebay mobile app (at least in the U.S.). That is what I see on ebay's front page.